Increased calories after watch update

snowroo
snowroo Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I recently connected my watch to my laptop for the first time in a while and it performed an update. Ever since, the calories burned seem to have increased drastically.
I used to get approx. 600 calories for a 10k run on a treadmill; now I am getting 900 calories for the same effort. I think it was more realistic beforehand. Is this a common problem?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Yours is the first they mentioned it and they did not change anything in the update that would impact that (or at least not that they published). Are you using treadmill mode or gym mode? Treadmill does not use HR for calories while gym does so that would explain a difference if you switched. Did your personal stats change at all (perhaps they got reset during the update)?

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • snowroo
    snowroo Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for your reply! Yes I think I had changed to treadmill. I didn't realise they weren't all on HR so that explains it. What a shame only gym function gives accurate calories.