TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Clock in pause screen

HobbitonEwokHobbitonEwok Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm sure it's been requested but can the clock be accessible from the pause screen.
It would be great if it was on the same screen in smaller text so you can pause check the time then carry on.
I know you can check the time while running but if I stop for a rest or during interval training then i have no idea, asking someone else with a watch for the time is a bit daft. Display of seconds would be amazing but I'll settle for hours and minutes, no need for date on this.

This will also increase the use of the watch for interval training, as currently the upload of training includes the rest, if you pause and can see the time you can monitor the rest period. Then when synced it only shows the work time not a slower average pace because the training timer continues during rest.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,601 Superusers
    I'm sure it's been requested but can the clock be accessible from the pause screen.
    It would be great if it was on the same screen in smaller text so you can pause check the time then carry on.
    I know you can check the time while running but if I stop for a rest or during interval training then i have no idea, asking someone else with a watch for the time is a bit daft. Display of seconds would be amazing but I'll settle for hours and minutes, no need for date on this.

This will also increase the use of the watch for interval training, as currently the upload of training includes the rest, if you pause and can see the time you can monitor the rest period. Then when synced it only shows the work time not a slower average pace because the training timer continues during rest.

As you mentioned, it has been requested before, on and off, for the last three years and nothing has changed, so I think you can assume from that that there is no interest in changing it. I am not sure there is enough demand for them to justify the resources to make the changes and reconfigure the pause screen among other things. They do monitor the forums and note these sort of requests, but TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • jmbsmt63jmbsmt63 Posts: 13 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    You can pick the current time as one of the displays showing while in the activity if I remember correctly. I do see that the time on the pause screen might be useful but if paused that long, maybe just stop then re-start?
  • HobbitonEwokHobbitonEwok Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh, thank you for the reply; this was more off a request to TomTom., I had a quick search and was unable to find a improvements request post or this particular request. They may not comment or announce future updates but if they read it, it may get considered and maybe down the road, I could be one of the ones that requested it, that will be a lot happier with the watch functionality. Especially if it has been requested on and off, if there is nowhere to bump or vote up what would we as consumers would like, then how do we create demand. I will continue not to assume TomTom has no interest otherwise I may never see any updates other than bug fixes and may as well use another device, which i do not wish to do.

Thanks jmbsmt63, as per the original post I am aware that you can check the time while running, I currently have my watch on clock while running, as my personal preference.
    tfarabaugh, thank you for the reply; this was more off a request to TomTom., I had a quick search and was unable to find a improvements request post or this particular request. They may not comment or announce future updates but if they read it, it may get considered and maybe down the road, I could be one of the ones that requested it, that will be a lot happier with the watch functionality. Especially if it has been requested on and off, if there is nowhere to bump or vote up what would we as consumers would like, then how do we create demand. I will continue not to assume TomTom has no interest otherwise I may never see any updates other than bug fixes and may as well use another device, which i do not wish to do.

Thanks jmbsmt63, as per the original post I am aware that you can check the time while running, I currently have my watch on clock while running, as my personal preference.

This is a user forum for users to assist one another and the moderators keep track of the common requests and themes so it will get noted. There is no "request line" so to speak of but your post will create a notice for them that it has been requested.
  • ToneSimmoToneSimmo Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This would be a really useful feature. I often stop during bike rides. The suggestion to stop then restart is not a good one, because then I would have to look up two, maybe more activities for the one ride.
    ToneSimmo wrote:
    This would be a really useful feature. I often stop during bike rides. The suggestion to stop then restart is not a good one, because then I would have to look up two, maybe more activities for the one ride.
    I would not expect any changes now that TomTom has left the wearables market altogether and is not producing any more devices or developing the existing devices. This is something we are going to have to live with, I am afraid.