Via 1535 loses GPS signal constantly while driving — TomTom Community

Via 1535 loses GPS signal constantly while driving

My Via 1535 has worked fine since the day I purchased it more than 5 years ago. Recently (within the last month) it takes a long time to lock onto satellites and constantly loses the signal while driving when there's no obstructions between it and the sky. I've updated it with the most recent OS version 2663383 (App 12.074.2687300.84 (0) (2203, 4/20/2017)) and (GPS 2.18.903 127792), although that hasn't seemed to help.

I'm almost to the point of throwing this thing out the car window.

Any help in getting this to work as well as it used to will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,033
    Superusers
    Hi
    @davefrag

Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • davefragdavefrag Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    After posting yesterday, I looked at more past posts pertaining to this similar issue and found that many were resolved using the drum roll reboot which I also tried and my Via 1535 is again functioning as it should be. Thanks for the suggestion.

This post can be closed and marked as resolved.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,033
    Superusers
    Hi
    @davefrag

Cool, glad your sorted :relaxed:

ATB YFM