Spark- Pairing Bluetooth Headphones — TomTom Community

Spark- Pairing Bluetooth Headphones

agaleagale Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
I just received a new Spark Cardio + Music and I am very excited to start using it, however I am having difficulty pairing the bluetooth headphones that I got with it. The headphones are by Plantronics (Backbeat FIT) and were actually shown on Amazon as being purchased with the Tom Tom watch. I have no problem pairing the headphones with my iPhone and I made sure to turn the bluetooth feature off on my phone before attempting to pair the headphones with my new watch, but it just keeps searching and says not found. HELP!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,049 Superusers
    agale wrote:
    I just received a new Spark Cardio + Music and I am very excited to start using it, however I am having difficulty pairing the bluetooth headphones that I got with it. The headphones are by Plantronics (Backbeat FIT) and were actually shown on Amazon as being purchased with the Tom Tom watch. I have no problem pairing the headphones with my iPhone and I made sure to turn the bluetooth feature off on my phone before attempting to pair the headphones with my new watch, but it just keeps searching and says not found. HELP!

Make sure the headphones are in pairing mode while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). On most headphones you need to press and hold the power button for an extended period to get into pairing (check the instructions for your headphones). Once they are paired you do not need to pair again, but make sure the headphones are turned on while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). This works for me every time. If I do it the other way and got to search first it often won’t find them. Finally, make sure you are not putting the headphones into pairing each time. On some models if you hold the power button for a second too long it will put it into pairing mode. For pairing purposes, leave the headphones sitting on the watch so they are as close as possible. And again, make sure you are in clock mode before going into pairing mode (just like when you turn them on to listen) and only press up once you have gotten the confirmation from the headphones that they are in pairing mode.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • AmazedAmazed Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Having the same issue with my new Spark Cardio + Music. A few days ago the watch paired quickly with my new SoundPeats Qy7 ear buds but for the last two days it just will not connect or pair. The Qy7's pair immediately with my Iphone 6 so I don't understand what has happened. I've even turned off the Bluetooth on my phone (thinking of interference) but still no joy. The watch paired quickly and connects flawlessly with the Iphone as well. I've tried the above procedure but still not connecting or pairing. I have a new set of ear buds coming today and if this continues I'll have no choice but return the watch. Very discouraging!
  • jaybotelho1366jaybotelho1366 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Amazed wrote:
    Having the same issue with my new Spark Cardio + Music. A few days ago the watch paired quickly with my new SoundPeats Qy7 ear buds but for the last two days it just will not connect or pair. The Qy7's pair immediately with my Iphone 6 so I don't understand what has happened. I've even turned off the Bluetooth on my phone (thinking of interference) but still no joy. The watch paired quickly and connects flawlessly with the Iphone as well. I've tried the above procedure but still not connecting or pairing. I have a new set of ear buds coming today and if this continues I'll have no choice but return the watch. Very discouraging!

I just started having exactly the same problem. I've done everything except a hard reset of the Spark since I don't want to loose my data. Does anyone have any recommendations?
  • travis147travis147 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I had the same problems. if you factory reset then you will find it should work. I have had to do this twice now.. really annoying if you want to go for a run or you assume that it will always pair...
  • jaybotelho1366jaybotelho1366 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks. Although I was hesitant I went ahead and did a factory reset. No problems, and now my QY7 pairs again. I hope this was a one-time occurrence.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,049 Superusers
    Thanks. Although I was hesitant I went ahead and did a factory reset. No problems, and now my QY7 pairs again. I hope this was a one-time occurrence.

You lose nothing with doing a factory reset and it should generally be your first step for these kinds of issues. All your data is synced to MySports whenever you plug it in, so that would be done before you do the reset. It puts all your settings back on the watch so all you lose is the history of the last 10 activities on the watch.
  • Oyaji1Oyaji1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I had no problem with this, just waited a bit longer than normal when I switched out my Sennheiser a for new headphones. So a bit of patience, or around 1 minute of it, maybe?