LIFE TIME UPDATES PROMISED, THAN ITS , WE WILL GIVE YOU 50% OFF FROM BUYING THE UPDATES THIS YEAR — TomTom Community

LIFE TIME UPDATES PROMISED, THAN ITS , WE WILL GIVE YOU 50% OFF FROM BUYING THE UPDATES THIS YEAR

opopopopopop Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map purchasing
The TomTom i paid for and the reason i brought it was because of the FREE LIFE TIME UPDATES of traffic, mobile speed camera Now the service has been dumped and all we get is "if you want these update you have to pay for them, O but we will give you 50% off !!
50% off , for what , the first years subscription, and is this 50%off for each update i NOW have to purchase ???
This is bloody PATHETIC...... WHY DO THEY EXPECT ME TO START PAYING FOR SOMETHING I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR BY THE HI COST OF THE GADGET IN THE FIRST PLACE ??

HAS ANYBODY EVEN BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT THIS MOB ??

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,331
    Superusers
    First of all, stop ranting and provide meaningful information so that we can try to assist...….

What model do you have? What country do you live in?

Tomtom has said that devices with lifetime maps will CONTINUE to receive them.
  • opopopopopop Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    "You’re probably aware that the 2G network in Australia ceased to operate on 30 June this year.

Your TomTom GO5100/6100 will continue to operate, but will stop receiving Live Traffic and TomTom Mobile SpeedCams information via the built-in SIM card.

Earlier this year, as an apology for the inconvenience, we shared a voucher code for 50% off any product on the TomTom Australian webstore. This voucher is still valid. Do check out the Terms and Conditions applicable to this offer below.

If you choose another TomTom GO, you’ll be receiving Live Services by connecting it to your smartphone via Bluetooth."
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,857
    Superuser
    @opopop

Customer Services

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST