Can I Delete a Stop on My Device That Was Created in MyDrive Route Planner?

VXero
VXero Registered Users Posts: 53
Renowned Trailblazer
This is a more specific question concerning a topic I started earlier.

Let's say I planned meetings in several cities: Ludowici > Odum > Willacoochee > and Lumber City. I planned the route in MyDrive Route Planner and sent it to my device. On the road, I get a call that the Willacoochee meeting is cancelled. Can I edit the route to delete that stop? I know how to delete a stop when I plan a route on my device, but it won't work on a route sent to the device from Route Planner.

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,951
    Superuser
    Hi Xero

If you know that the Stop concerned is the next one on the route you can:-

Tap Menu
    Select Current Route
    Select delete Next Stop.

It then calculates a new route ignoring the Stop.

If the Stop is not the next then

Tap the Arrow head on Left of screen and then you see the map with the Route shown.

Tap the Stop you want to delete

Tap 3 dots in Sub Menu that opens

Select Delete this Stop.

Recalculates your route for you.

Doug
  • VXero
    Renowned Trailblazer
    When I do this no Sub Menu opens. It only gives the name of the stop. And nothing happens if I tap the name of the stop.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi

If you tap the Stop you want to delete on the Route it opens a menu with the name of the stop when you created it. If you Tap the 3 little vertical dots in that menu it opens a sub menu with two options . The second option is to delete the Stop.

Doug
  • VXero
    Renowned Trailblazer
    I tried it again and again all I get is the name of the stop. There are no vertical dots.

I know if I create a route using my device I can delete a stop this way, but when a route is created in the MyDrive Route Planner web site and sent to the device, there are no vertical dots to allow you to delete the stop.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi V Xero

I have retested it on my Go5000 and it appears to work fine as described above.

If I create the route on Mydrive then Save It and Sync to my units My Routes folder as a track it does not work as the Stop points do not show as Flags which you can Tap on.

Why you get the Name of the Stop but not the 3 dots to the left of the Name of the Stop I do not know.

Doug
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,385
     Superuser
    @V Xero

Try a longer hold when you tap rather than a shorter one. Think a different menu appears then.
  • VXero
    Renowned Trailblazer
    DougLap - when you say "If I create the route on MyDrive then Save It and Sync to my units My Routes folder as a track it does not work as the Stop points do not show as Flags which you can Tap on" do you mean that you cannot delete a stop either? At least I see flags at each stop when I save from MyDrive Map Planner to my GO600. I just don't have the choice of deleting or avoiding that stop.

dhn - you're right, if I press the flag longer, a different menu appears that has the elusive three vertical dots. But when I press the three dots there is no menu choice to delete that stop! My only choices are "Add to My Places," "Use as Starting Point," "Search Near Here," and "Report Map Change."

I'm still unable to avoid that stop.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi V Xero

What I have just done as a tester is a follows:-

I Open TTMydrive
    Tap on Plan a route
    Insert a Start, say a Couple of Waypoints, then a Finish.
    I then click on Send to Device at the bottom. I do Not Click on Save next to the Send to Device..

When the device receives the Sent route I can see the 2 or so waypoints I have put in on the route as a Flag in a circle. If I need to see the full route after I have started I tap on the Arrow head above the + and - signs on the left.

To delete a Stop I tap the Stop and a sign appears with the Stops name, so I can check I have the right one, and on the right hand end of the sign just after the name are 3 dots. If I tap the dots the option to Delete Stop appears. If I select this my unit recalculates the route without the Stop.

For information if I had pressed Save instead of Send to Device when I created the route, I am adding it to my Saved Route files which i can then sync to my unit. If I do this and then select it using the My Routes option on my unit then whilst the route will travel via the 2 waypoints they are not flagged, cannot be selected and so I cannot delete them.

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi V Xero

Also I have tested that when the route has transferred to my unit if I Scroll down the Route bar where the Traffic and Fuel stops are showing you can get to where a Stop is displayed as it would show as you get near to it. It appears as a Flag and if tapped the screen then gives you a preview of the Stop on the Map and an option to delete it.

Doug
  • VXero
    Renowned Trailblazer
    That's It. I was switching on "sync this route as a track with my devices" and letting that create the route on my device. When using that, a stop can't be deleted. If I select "Send to Device" then saving the route to Route Planner, I can delete a stop on the device.

When the map appears on my device and I want to save it there, I have to press Menu (3 dots) > Current Route > Add to My Routes and name the route. Now when I select the route on my device I can tap on a flag, tap on the 3 dots, then delete the stop. The stop is not deleted from the route, though, so the next time I select that route, the stop will appear again.

Since the route is not synced with the device, it must be saved separately on Route Planner and the device. I'll have to make sure I give it the same name on both!
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi V Xero

Nice one.

Doug
  • VXero
    Renowned Trailblazer
    I've been planning some new routes and noticed that "Send to Device" is now called "Send Stops." It works the same way; by selecting "Current Route" then "Add to My Routes," the route can be saved with the option to edit the route.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,994
     Superuser
    Hi
    @VXero

In the MyRoutes Folder
    The Routes with the Solid Arrows .ITN... You can Manage the stops
    The Routes with the Dotted Arrows .GPX You can't

6nr513bate7w.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,994
     Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @VXero

This is the method I use to create multi stop .ITN Routes using the MyDrive Web Route planner--> Transfer using the 'Send Stops' option, to the device --> Then save the .ITN route on the device to MyRoutes ....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1240916/#Comment_1240916
    ATB YFM