TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Is it necessary an Internet connection on my smartphone to be notified of the radars?

dmartz77dmartz77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello, I would like to know if I use TomTom go on my Android Smartphone I can download the positions of the radars or I need an Internet conection to be notified.

I am worried by roaming costs...

Thank you very much.

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,038 [Exalted Navigator]
    Information about speed cameras, red light cameras and traffic is only available to the app via online data. Without data you will only have the street maps and the places you saved.
  • dmartz77dmartz77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you very much
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 217 [Exalted Navigator]
    @dmartz77,

Roaming costs. are the same all over Europe now.

There no longer expensive charges if you are in another country in Europe.

I quote:

[h1]"Roaming in the EU[/h1][h2]Roam like at home[/h2]The EU "roam like at home" rules mean that when you use your mobile phone while travelling outside your home country in any EU country you don't have to pay any additional roaming charges. You benefit from these rules when calling (to mobile and fixed phones), sending text messages (SMS) and using data services while abroad. These rules also apply when receiving calls or texts while roaming even if the person you are calling is using a different service provider.
    You pay exactly the same price for using these services when travelling in the EU as you would if you were at home. In practice, your operator simply charges or takes your roaming consumption from the volumes in your domestic mobile tariff plan / bundle.
    If you had a contract with a mobile operator which includes roaming services it automatically became "a roam like at home" contract. The default option for all new mobile contracts with roaming services is "roam like at home"."
  • dmartz77dmartz77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you very much. There are some excepction like Andorra, for example, where visit once a year, more or less.