I cant find my SERIAL OR MODEL NUMBERS — TomTom Community

I cant find my SERIAL OR MODEL NUMBERS

deermasterdeermaster Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 24 in Travel lounge
HOW CAN I FIND THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE ? What is the SIZE OF THE STAR SCREWS AT THE BOTTOM ? THERE ARE TWO.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,189 Superusers
    Is it a device that uses Home or MyDriveConnect?
  • deermasterdeermaster Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I am not sure of what your asking. I have never connected it to my PC because I dont know the serial or model numbers. I am trying to replace the battery inside, for a friend. It does not come on. I am going to try to charge it over night and see what happens. I cannot find a "How to replace the battery U TUBE Video " for it because I do not know which one it is. It only says TOMTOM in white on the front. The screen measures 3 3/4 by 2 1/4 inches.
    Well, can you ask your friend more information about the device, such as what he/she used, Home or MyDriveConnect?
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 629 Superuser
    Re: the size of the screws, most TomToms need a T4 torx screwdriver.
    THIS FORM IS USELESS. ONLY TWO REPLIES IN THREE DAYS AND ONE IS HELPFUL,I THINK. TOMTOM HAS NO TOLL FREE NUMBER TO CALL FOR HELP. I THINK I SEE NOW WHY PEOPLE DONT BUY THESE ANYMORE. NOW ALL PHONES HAVE NAVIGATION IN THEM TO USE.WHO NEED THESE TYPE OF DEVISES ? NO ONE. THATS WHY NO ONE IS HEAR TO HELP ME. END OF STORY. :(
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 629 Superuser
    Well actually it was three replies in three days - two of them being questions, neither of which you've bothered trying to answer. What do you expect us to do - go to your friend's house and ask them ourselves?

And the reason no-one else has replied is because unless you answer the questions posed, it's impossible to help you.

Finally, for the love of god - STOP SHOUTING!!!
    Support:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
    Dear DMULV, I sometimes TYPE LARGE because I have a sight problem. Why do YOU ASSUME I am shouting ? I can SEE what I am typing, EASIER. DONT ALWAYS assume that A PERSON is shouting. I told you I do not know what "HOME" and MY DRIVE" IS OR MEANS. I cannot ID this devise because the DECAL the company put on the BOTTOM to ID IT with ROTTED ! How stupid of of thing to do. A DECAL ? Nothing else ?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,581 Superuser
    @deermaster

To find the serial number of the device try holding the on/off button till the screens fills with a lot of white text on a black background, something like this from a GO 60:-
    8f7eeb03-cb95-4c32-8e3a-59c846487731.jpg
    The second line 'Device id: VC.........'
    I tried holding the button on for along time. Nothing came up like the screen above. I called the toll free # that DHN left me and spoke with TOTMTOM service. They told me it is a XL-335 ,SER. # GJxxxxx54 sold 2010 and it no longer is supported for up dated maps, after JAN. 2018. Does anyone know how I COULD UP DATE THIS UNIT ? Thanks to all here that have tried to help.

Mod Edit: Please don't post private or personal info on a public forum!
  • rossi123rossi123 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I once in a while TYPE LARGE since I have a sight issue. For what reason do YOU ASSUME I am yelling ? I can SEE what I am composing, EASIER. DONT ALWAYS expect that A PERSON is yelling. I disclosed to you I don't comprehend what "HOME" and MY DRIVE" IS OR MEANS. I can't ID this devise in light of the fact that the DECAL the organization put on the BOTTOM to ID IT with ROTTED
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,237 Superusers
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,237 Superusers
    Hi
    @rossi123

Maybe ??? here's a video for the XL-330...

https://www.newpower99.com

ATB YFM
  • rossi123rossi123 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I once in a while TYPE LARGE since I have a sight issue. For what reason do YOU ASSUME I am yelling ? I can SEE what I am composing, EASIER. DONT ALWAYS expect that A PERSON is yelling. I disclosed to you I don't comprehend what "HOME" and MY DRIVE" IS OR MEANS. I can't ID this devise in light of the fact that the DECAL the organization put on the BOTTOM to ID IT with ROTTED
    read my this Tutuapp 9apps Showbox reply another time to understand what i said