Courses/ watch not updating after reset - Page 3 — TomTom Community

Courses/ watch not updating after reset

13»

Comments

• gregorheinrichgregorheinrich Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have tried to find the ~/Library/Application Support/TomTom/MySportsConnect/ .. However, despite being quite Mac savvy that TomTom subfile does not show up in my application support list (Mac os 10.10.5). Any clues?

Found it muself. Rather than browsing the file structure, go to FINDER, open "Go" then "Go to folder..." type in the file/folder name as above, and bingo..
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,600
    Community Manager
    We are about to start testing a new version of TomTom Sports Connect with a fix for this issue.
  • MasterTMasterT Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    HELP ,

Have same problem as discribed above .
    I can download the old version , but i cant find the tomtom folder in the local folder .

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\TomTom\MySportsConnect

Its not there , can anyone help me out plz .
  • Hooky23Hooky23 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Good news all..... It was the cable that was faulty not the software or the watch. Spoke to Amy o at TomTom and she did a very thorough diagnostic and said it was the cable which it was. All working perfectly now
  • Rlm27ukRlm27uk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mine broke too by this update !!!!! Any news on a proper fix????
  • notbloodyhappynotbloodyhappy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Now my Golfer 2 has the same issue as described in the original post as i tried a factory reset as advised on another post (as my watch was not holding its battery charge) and now the thing is not working!!!

Ive followed the steps in the"fix" and downloaded the old version and it will not EVEN OPEN on my MAC!!

I cannot bothered with this crap can anyone recommend another decent golf watch????

(im so angry as only 3 weeks ago i bought a new golfer watch for my son!!!!!!!)
  • ZcTZcT Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    How long does it take to test a fix? I would say at the most 2 hours. It either works or it doesn’t.

i think TomTom has forgotten about us!

extremely disappointed... would contact them, but no t only does it take 2 weeks for them to get back, but you can’t get a straight answer out of them and it’s in wildly poor English to boot.
  • Rlm27ukRlm27uk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ZcT wrote:
    How long does it take to test a fix? I would say at the most 2 hours. It either works or it doesn’t.

i think TomTom has forgotten about us!

extremely disappointed... would contact them, but no t only does it take 2 weeks for them to get back, but you can’t get a straight answer out of them and it’s in wildly poor English to boot.
    this really is unacceptable... tomtom have forced through an update and ruined everyones watch.. they should be replacing free of charge for this error.. ive done the workaround and managed to get the watch back so will try tomorrow on course but for such a big company it is truly shocking how can anyone recommend them now with customer service this shoddy!!!!
    I did the work around (which customer service said didn’t exist btw... and then told me NOT to reset the watch... which is what broke the watch in the first place and was why I was complaining in the first place... ha).

the work around gets the watch working again, but doesn’t connect properly to the app (which it didn’t do correctly before, anyways).

i certainly hope they get their act together.
    Community Manager
    ZcT wrote:
    I did the work around (which customer service said didn’t exist btw... and then told me NOT to reset the watch... which is what broke the watch in the first place and was why I was complaining in the first place... ha).

the work around gets the watch working again, but doesn’t connect properly to the app (which it didn’t do correctly before, anyways).

i certainly hope they get their act together.
    Make the app forget the watch. Then, make iOS forget the watch in Settings > Bluetooth > (i). After that you should be able to pair again.

Earlier today I added direct links to download 3.3.8 beta to my workaround post.
    Thank you Jurgen.

I installed the beta, and restored my watch. Seems to have worked!

was also able to connect to the app by following your instructions. Thanks for that as well.

all that’s left is for me to test it, hopefully this weekend... I’ve got a good feeling about it.

thanks again.
    Update:

i played golf this past weekend. The watch shows distances again.

problem: when connecting to the app, the score is different from that on the watch (which is correct as I enter the score after each hole) and wildly incorrect. One or two are correct, the rest are really wrong.

i hope this gets fixed along with the updating issue.

ps. Bring back the stand alone golfer app. Big mistake throwing them all into one.
    Community Manager
    ZcT wrote:
    Update:

i played golf this past weekend. The watch shows distances again.

problem: when connecting to the app, the score is different from that on the watch (which is correct as I enter the score after each hole) and wildly incorrect. One or two are correct, the rest are really wrong.

i hope this gets fixed along with the updating issue.

ps. Bring back the stand alone golfer app. Big mistake throwing them all into one.
    I'm afraid this is a know issue and it's been reported. It's related to the back-end so the old app would have the same issue.
  • ChristobelChristobel Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I started the return process for this watch today under the consumer protection act.

As customers all of you are entitled to a full refund as the unit is not fit for purpose and has failed to last/work for a reasonable period.

I would have been happy to try and work through the issues but the attitude of the manufacturer has left me with zero confidence should further issues arise.

I will I’ll never buy a TomTom product again.
  • trickcyclisttrickcyclist Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Kennywilde wrote:
    HI

I factory reset my golfer 2 and trying to re install courses and updates etc but it wont do the courses and is trying to fix it but stil not working. i have tried loads, even reinstalling the app on windows. i have even set up another account but that didnt work either.

Any ideas?

ThanksHI

I factory reset my golfer 2 and trying to re install courses and updates etc but it wont do the courses and is trying to fix it but stil not working. i have tried loads, even reinstalling the app on windows. i have even set up another account but that didnt work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    I have been having the same problem for a couple of weeks, tried everything suggested.

When I tried the updated fix on July 2nd to delete the program and reload the beta version, it worked like a dream.

Now I'm up and working again, thanks
  • trickcyclisttrickcyclist Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have been having the same problem for a couple of weeks, tried everything suggested, I have even ordered a diffrent watch from my golf pro due to it not working and wanting one with a longer battery life.

When I tried the updated fix on July 2nd to delete the program and reload the beta version, I restarted my computer just for good measure and it worked like a dream.

Now I'm up and working again, thanks