Adding Petrol Stops every 150 Miles RIDER — TomTom Community

Adding Petrol Stops every 150 Miles RIDER

FlyingWizardFlyingWizard Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
I'm planning a route in mydrive at just over 300 miles. How can I add petrol stops to the route so that I do not exceed the mileage and hence run out of petrol.
I've added them via POI but it does not tell at what mileage in the journey they are.
It would be nice just to say auto plan fuel stops on route at this mileage??
Any Ideas on a foolproof way of achieving this.
Thanks All

Comments

• ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 252 [Exalted Navigator]
    As a responder to another topic suggests, petrol stations appear on the route information bar. To get this to work for me I configure the bar so stops and parking are not shown, just petrol stations. Set the route bar to it's wide setting and the mileage to the stations will be shown (from your current position). Be warned that there is no guarantee that the stations are still there or open.

I use MyRouteApp for route planning before I leave, you can mark petrol stations as waypoints and it shows the distance they are from the starting point in the app. Unfortunately TomTom decided that they would ignore waypoint names when importing the itn route into the Rider so they can't be distinguished from other waypoints.
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 252 [Exalted Navigator]
    I should add that TomTom in their infinite design wisdom decided that we only needed to see the distance to the next 2 petrol stations. Not so much of an issue on the open road, but when you're approaching a town and there are 3 petrol stations on the route 1 mile away, you can't tell if you should call in and fill up or carry on to the next station only to find the next station is 40 miles away.
  • sandhedsandhed Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I mainly place the waypoints on gas stations - if possible. Another crazy thing is, that the Rider (grom the menu) displays the distance to a gas station in a straight line. Several users complained about that a year ago...
  • FlyingWizardFlyingWizard Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Seems a very basic flaw in the system, considering how vital fuel stops are for bikers. Going to see what can be done!!
  • BoarderBoarder Posts: 107 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    When you have loaded your route you can then go to the menu and select petrol stations. These can be shown along route and in plan or list from. The list shows mileages. I thought that these were distances along the route.