Can I create a destination on the map without using an address, place name, or POI?

JonBusch
JonBusch Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I'm a new user of TomTom and would like to input a destination using the map screen and cursor. The place I'd like to go has no address, but is on a State Route that appears on the GPS map. It is a lake that is named, but not in the TomTom POI so I can't input that way. I can get to the "center" of the nearby town, but then can't move the destination point to where I want to go that is about 20 miles out of town.
I know I can create my destination as my "Home", save and rename it, and then route that way, but it seems like an incredibly stupid way of doing it. Can't I just tap the screen and say "go here"?
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Jon

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,130
    Superuser
    @JonBusch

Zoom into the place you want to go to, then touch the actual place and hold your finger there then a pop-up menu shows the nearest address. To plan a route to this destination, select Drive.

See page 61/61 of the manual for full instructions http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/refman/TomTom-GO-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,011
     Superuser
    Hi
    @JonBusch

Using the 2D North-up overview Map... Zoom into the required location
    Long Tap (Tap and hold for +1 second)... A quick menu opens --> Tap the Blue (Drive) Icon or Tap the 3Dot icon to choose other options
    Note... A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen or a planned route will give different menu options

The Tomtom device will show your chosen location on the map but if that location is Off-Road i.e... If it's NOT displayed on the Tomtom Map as a Small-Track/Lane/Road the device will only plan a route to the nearest Road access point

For example... Try a Long Tap in the middle of a large Field --> Tap the Blue (Drive) Icon
    The Device will plan a route to the nearest road access point... And a dotted line to the actual destination

ATB YFM
  • JonBusch
    JonBusch Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks a ton! Now I'm excited about the unit again!

Jon
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    If you have the lat/long of your destination you can also enter that in the search screen of the satnav or in mydrive and drive to it.