TT Rider 400 memory Full, can't complete updates. Grrrr — TomTom Community

TT Rider 400 memory Full, can't complete updates. Grrrr

JimbobsJimbobs Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Part way through a MyDrive connect update to my TT Rider 400 the device memory seems to be full and everything stops.

MyDrive Connect will constantly try to complete the update, which it cannot do because the memory is full, so cannot be used for any other purpose while the TT is connected.

The device runs ok, connects to my computer and works with apps like TT Route Planner, but in Menu/Settings/System/About the device shows 'Free Space 0.00 B Internal memory' so I presume this is the problem. I presume it is full with the Europe Map and a partially transferred Europe map.

How do I delete items from the TT Rider 400 please to free up some memory?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,703
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Jimbobs

Get a 8GB or (16GB Best Choice) SDHC Class 10 Micro SD Card Scandisk is a good choice

Micro SD Card Slot Under the Rubber bung....

e52378f2-1dd8-4f30-91d3-1a55fd135f58.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • JimbobsJimbobs Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thanks YFM.

I do have a memory card and this may help once I get the device working. But inserting and then formatting the card for maps does not seem to actually move the map to the card. Hence the device still has a memory full condition and MyDrive Connect can't update it.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 753
    Superuser
    Try to remove any routes & tracks. A track (or tracks) is most possible to consume all of the internal memory...

After you free up some space you may also choose a smaller map zone, not the whole Europe map.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Jimbobs

400MB is considered to be the bare minimum Free Memory
    I think the problem with the NAV4 Rider 400 is the Europe v1011 Map for Europe is still under 7GB at 69.44GbB it can still can install to the Devices 8GB Main memory

Do you need the full Europe Map maybe install a MapZone

Useful Info...
    See.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/mydrive-connect-desktop-app-update-988212

Also See.....

The Map Clean Up Wizard
    9aa54e52-51bf-4756-be10-24ed3b895752.png
    In the linked page below... Click on 'Show Content' to view images
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-and-start-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-mydrive-176/new-maps-v946-released-for-go-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-976632

ATB YFM
    Thanks @Ste7ios . I don't have any routes or tracks on the device now. Removed them with MyDrive Route Planner. I only had 1 track .gpx file there anyway.

Hi @YFM some useful info in there and features I did not know about in MyDrive connect.

My issue is I cannot get to use MyDrive Connect because as soon as I connect the device, MyDrive Connect tries to resume an update and because there is no space it just hangs. I get this screen.

fa99960d-7f68-425b-898a-4752bebb0d2e.png
    Then a couple of minutes later I get
    3f2a5df4-d6be-478f-a497-03c4b2c1e7b4.png
    but other connectivity like the Route Planner continue to work (I can copy and remove small gpx files for example) so the device is connected and working and responding, it just won't respond to the MyDrive Connect update.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Jimbobs

Ring Tomtom Support

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

Ask for 2nd level Support to cancel the Download Queue

ATB YFM
    I am now discussing this with tomtom support, and going through all the standard techniques to resolve connection problems. However as my device has 0.00 memory free it still cannot 'talk' to myDrive Connect, so we've got nowhere so far.

I've gone through 3 different computers, 3 different usb cables (including an original tomtom one) and about 6 complete downloads of 7GB of update files (each taking overnight). But no progress at all.

Is there any way to directly delete a map or other files?

I've asked them about Ask for 2nd level Support to cancel the Download Queue