GO 6200 computer voice for English - Page 2 — TomTom Community

GO 6200 computer voice for English

2»

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,786 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Mike

We don't have the female computer voices :( . Just the one French computer voice-'Thomas'

-Vikram
  • Driku25Driku25 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Many Thanks VikramK :)
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,247 Superusers
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi Mike

We don't have the female computer voices :( . Just the one French computer voice-'Thomas'

-Vikram

What a pity, i got it on my old GO1005 of 2012. What a regression!
  • Grockle1Grockle1 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    @Vikram, in the discussion 3 days ago I responded that TomTom support should really consider how they are approaching the support of voices and made a suggestion that when a person installs in a language he should be offered an automatic download of the voice in that language and that maybe English could be installed as a standard option anyway. Involved in this answer was a person requesting Zosia as a voice and now I see that you have added this to my downloads, I do not want it. I am 100% British, very happy with Serena and do not understand Polish. Please remove again Zosia from my automatic downloads, I never asked for it.

@TomTom: I do unfortunately get the impression that although the support moderators are trying to be very responsive and are very helpful to the users in setting up the downloading the voices for registered users, my compliments, but I feel that the problem needs to have a far more central approach.

1) On setting up the 6200 in a particular language then the automatic download of the respective voice should be triggered automatically for the next internet connection. If this voice is not available for some reason then English should be downloaded or already be available and a message sent to the user accordingly.

2) I hate to think what non Internet / Forum Savvy users are thinking of your product, they buy it like I did and then find that their "voice" is missing and have no idea how to get it.

Other Sat Nav products I have owned in the past (2x Navigon) did this automatically at installation and I could even change or choose another voice whenever I wanted.

However, I like Serena (English) now and would be very happy if you would remove Zosia from my download list which warns me is available every time I connect my device to the internet, which is every time I go to arrive or leave the garage. I never asked for this .

Thank you for paying attention to these points.

Neil
  • davidinbaseldavidinbasel Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue as so many others. A GO6200 bought in Switzerland that I want to use with voice control in English. Can you please assign all English computer voices that exist to my account?

Thanks!

David
    As an IT person I have difficulties understand the TomTom concept. Since this specific device connects via the Internet, surely after installation, if the person has installed English as the visual language, then at the first connection with the Internet to get updates etc, then the English voice or corresponding relevant voice(s) could be pushed down to the device.
    After all if we all complain in this community it seems no problem for TomTom support to set up the push manually so that we receive the voices at the next connection. This should be automatic like with other SatNav systems.
    I really don't understand the problem here. Also TomTom are doing themselves no favours since for those persons who are not so Internet Community savvy might not be getting as far as we are here in this forum. Needs to be fixed - sure keeps me from recommending TomTom to friends. In some ways the device is modern, traffic update is great but in other ways there are some quite strange almost old fashioned concepts in place.
    Thanks,
    Neil
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,247 Superusers
    I have the same issue as so many others. A GO6200 bought in Switzerland that I want to use with voice control in English. Can you please assign all English computer voices that exist to my account?

Thanks!

David
    This is a user forum, David. Call support and have them add the computer voices you need:

:flag_ch: Schweiz (Switzerland)
    08440 000 16
    Mo: 09:00 - 17:30
    Di - Fr: 09:00 - 16:30
  • davidinbaseldavidinbasel Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks dhn, I will call them. My use of the user forum for this purpose reflects how difficult TomTom makes it to find contact details for customer support. I spent some hours (literally) being redirected to FAQs before finding the forum, which I had been ignoring because my interest was indeed in customer support rather than in community exchanges of view. Having found the forum and this thread I noticed a number of TomTom staff responses of the form "We have added this or that voice to your account", suggesting a mix of forum and help-desk activity.
    I quite agree with davidinbasel I had to make exactly the same experience but many thanks to the TomTom staff responses and actions which were indeed a very good example of help-desk pro-active support. Thank you to all.
    As a Service Desk Manager myself for 17 years, I can only commend these guys for going out of their way to help the customers through this forum. But TomTom needs though to fix this at the root of the problem, the concept being followed by the programming team could really be improved to give a better customer experience. See my previous entries.
    Thanks again to the support staff,
    Neil
  • SteveL58SteveL58 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. Can Serena be added to my account please?
  • SeguilbianconiglioSeguilbianconiglio Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I'd like english computer voice too.
    May you add to my account please?

Kind regards,

M
    @SteveL58

I see that you already have Serena and Malcolm computer voices added to your account.

@Seguilbianconiglio

Computer voices added to your account..

Regards
    Vikram
    @VikramK Hi and thank you for answer.
    It is possible I had a ToTom 6100 since two days ago. Now I have a new one a 6200 and in WiFi mode I can't find Serena and Malcom between voices.

Thanks again

M
    @Seguilbianconiglio

Did you check for updates now?

If yes, then please do a soft reset and check again..

In case the voices are still not offered then please PM me the serial number of your device.

Regards
    Vikram
    @VikramK Hi again and very thank you.
    I switched on again my new TomTom 6200 and I found 2 voices.

Thank you!

M