unresolved case after 2 years — TomTom Community

unresolved case after 2 years

sherwoodv_un28sherwoodv_un28 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in Map quality
I raised a mapshare report in may 2016. No feedback and it was closed after 6 months. I again raised it again in January 2017 and was given a case reference. I checked frequently by telephone and text update for 15 months. Then my case was closed again in March 2018.

I telephoned and a new case reference was raised in may 2018 and again closed in May 2018.

Why does it take more than 2 years and still no solution, only lots of excuses and apologies. I have spent many hours typing responses and talking to your SUPPORT team and still no solution.

Why are cases being closed when issues are not resolved. Does it improved the statistics

Comments

• John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi, @sherwoodv_un28 ,

You really have my sympathies on this!! For a lot of Customers, who are trying to assist TomTom by reporting changes/errors, their experience is similar to yours!

It is totally unacceptable & it is about time, IMHO, that TomTom got its act together!
  • sherwoodv_un28sherwoodv_un28 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi John-Jay

Thank you for your comment. The situation is so frustrating and I contacted TomTom's Head Office today only to be re-directed back to the same call center that I have been dealing with on the specific issue for the last 2 years. Do you know of any escalation path to decision makers that can make a difference
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi John-Jay

Do you know of any escalation path to decision makers that can make a difference

Sorry, @sherwoodv_un28 , I only wish I did!!

I've had my own issues trying to get TomTom to resolve a systematic issue (Strange-Map Error!).

With device reporting initially, this went on for 3 years.

Instead of dealing with the root-cause problem (& despite the fact that I had many assurances that the issue would be escalated), they preferred to deal with individual Manifestations of their error - leading to some very bizarre & ad-hoc corrections - even now, I'm NOT convinced that they have resolved EVERY manifestation of the issue!!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,143 TomTom Moderator
    Hi sherwoodv_un28

I reviewed your MapShare report id which shows in progress.

But it is strange that there is not update on it for a very long time.

So I have asked the customer service to see what is happening here, they will get back to you with an update.

Regards
    Vikram
  • sherwoodv_un28sherwoodv_un28 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It has been 2 years and 2 months since I reported this issue. To date no solution. Each time I contacted customer care I get excuses. One of those excuse is that my speed camera subscription is not up-to-date, this is misleading because I believe the road speed limits are stored on the device and retrieved based on location co-ordinates determined by Global Position Satellites. I have also been told that the issue is resolved and that I should wait for the next quarterly map updates. Several updates have been issued, still no solution. I have not reported any of the other map errors that I observed since, as it seem pointless and would only add to my frustration. It might be better to rename customer care to gate keeping as there are no escalation path to decision makers that can set my expectation that a solution will happen.