New maps v10.10 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New maps v10.10 available for download

2»

Comments

• Shippy33Shippy33 Posts: 47 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    That's not an easy update justmebrowsing, if the update is issued today then the maps will show the new but incorrect speeds. As the new speed limits don't start untill the 1st July then the update should be the last day of June
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Shippy33 wrote:
    That's not an easy update justmebrowsing, if the update is issued today then the maps will show the new but incorrect speeds. As the new speed limits don't start untill the 1st July then the update should be the last day of June
    Surely TT should err on the side of caution and warn drivers at OR AHEAD of time when national road speed limits are reduced cos there's no way in hell they can release all effected maps (numerous "France" maps PLUS all the European maps/areas/zones that incl France too which will probably run to close to 100!) all in one day!

eg just for the older NAV2 devices there are 4 France maps plus 8 separate France_Zone_1/2/3/4 maps and of course the 5 full Europe and then numerous Europe regions/areas/zones etc that cover France; then numerous more for the NAV3/4/5's etc etc
  • bigbig Posts: 1,557 Superuser
    But, as usual, it's ultimately the driver's responsibility to know the speed limit of wherever you are. The speeds shown by any satnav aren't always accurate.

I think TomTom re-releasing maps like this is really a pretty amazing thing and is costing them quite a bit of money in data fees!
    Totally agree it's the drivers own responsibility to comply with posted speed limits & other traffic regulations and should not rely on satnavs, gizmos etc; however, if TT make the bold & brave statement that they "will release an additional Europe map release (v10.11) with updated speed limits before the end of June" then they're cutting it bloody fine! tick tock, tick tock
    I might have to eat humble pie here (and hate it when it sticks in your throat) but, talking of throats; my "Deep Throat" tells me there are already 92 new v10.11 NAV2 maps and 35 new v10.11 NAV3 maps on their server waiting for official release and a currently unknown quantity of NAV4 & NAV5 maps too
  • d2lead2lea Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    But this 1010 update crashed my Urban Rider. After 2 weeks of your support team trying to 'solve' the problem I have had to go back to version 850 with 46000 mapshare updates despite paying for the quarterly updates. SERIOUSLY not happy.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,542 Superuser
    @d2lea

Contact SAV again to sort out a download, maybe a zone covering France.

:flag_fr: France
    01 70 36 35 82
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • JJH-UKJJH-UK Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi all,

We've just released the new v10.10 maps for maps for all portable navigation devices including Trucks, Camper, Automotives and they're available for download using WiFi , MyDrive Connect and TomTom HOME.

d8c267f5-a1e7-45f8-b6c6-b5a0ff28886e.jpg

In France on 1 July, the speed limits for two-lane roads will drop from 90 to 80 km / h. For this reason, TomTom will release an additional Europe map release (v10.11) with updated speed limits before the end of June.

Drive safe!

Cheers, Vikram
    Hi Vikram... I'm off to France on July 1st - so will 10.11 be released today or tomorrow?

Please post a confirmation as the release of 10.10 was much delayed...
    Also, Vikram, my new GO 5200 (with which I'm delighted) has twice now needed a reboot after the voice instructions just stopped - and the SIM connection dropped at the same time too.

is this a known fault and, if so, is a system update on the way?

As soon as I rebooted, full functionality returned... but there was no obvious problem - other than as described.
  • parsd51parsd51 Posts: 183 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    New map 10.11 is out for PNDs.
    Edit: Not yet for wifi devices (6200).
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,121 Superusers
    Out too for WiFi device. Congratulations Tomtom.
    GO6200
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,874 Community Manager
    miketorcy wrote:
    Out too for WiFi device. Congratulations Tomtom.
    Check out the French forum. For the first time quicker with the announcement than English. :)
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user]

Minor problem?

I created a route to my local E.Leclerc, during the route preview on my 5200, there were several short lenghths that still showed the limit at 90 km / h! Even one on a roundabout! So in 14Km there were about 5 sections that were wrong.

Some questions to TomTom
    1. If a correction is made via mapshare, when will it be implemented?
    2. When will the mapshare reporter display speed limits?
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    CONGRATULATIONS TOMTOM & WELL DONE for getting these v10.11 maps out on time!

I didn't think I'd need to be posting this apology but that's exactly what it is.
    Some of you know that I'm normally pretty sarcastic towards how the Company perform but, it this instance, I say again, WELL DONE and my apologies for doubting you could achieve this major exercise in the critical time frame required.:zipper_mouth:
  • d2lead2lea Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Glad you're happy, BUT this latest version has effectively 'bricked' my device (Urban Rider). Following 14 days of email support I've now had a conversation during which I'm told that the memory is unable to accept this update despite them taking €69 from me for a years updates in April. Seemingly this update will not split down into manageable zones. I cannot have a refund but I will have a discount if I buy a new device.
    Just purchased a mount for my smartphone, will go with Google Maps from now on.
  • nadeems tomtomnadeems tomtom Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    new version is out for pnds version 1011 well done tomtom for once
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,121 Superusers
    Now, we all hope the next navcore with good managing of the POI.
    GO6200
  • T birdT bird Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Not another 17 hour download and install (yes seriously) this go 520 is seriously flawed in the download map procedure. Very unhappy..
    @T bird

If you do not intend driving in France in the next couple of months then there is no need to update your maps.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online22

22 Guests