New map for TomTom ONE XL

I have moved to Switzerland with an old TomTom One XL and had wanted to put a Europe Map on it. However, I am being told that the device is no longer compatible.
Can anyoneone tell me it changinging the memory card for a bigger one would make any difference?
Also, does anyone know if it would be possible to put on the 'Austria/Switzerland' map instead? and if I did; can that be done on a new memory card, so as to keep the uk map for trip back to the uk?

Comments

• justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Sadly that device has basically been dumped/dropped by TT so there's no "official/legal" way to add new maps to it so adding an SD card won't help. see https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/
  • lucycartledgelucycartledge Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for telling me and saving me wasting time and money.
  • marciniszynmarciniszyn Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    What was the latest number of map for Tomtom One IQ Route? I’ve got 9.15
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,505 Superuser
    @marciniszyn

Looking here https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7902/
    I would say the last is 1005 from February 2018 when the EoL was declared
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • p.snowp.snow Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes sadly the Tom tom one XL has been dropped and it appears that if you do try to update there is no warning until the attempted update wipes your functioning device thus rendering it useless as it did mine .. so now I find because of Tomtoms NEGLECT in any such warning I now have a lump of useless plastic and components... cheers tomtom, fkn marvelous.