New Start 42 update issue

Ditchburn12
Ditchburn12 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
When I connect my new Start 42 to the PC the software display on the PC says downloading items, 3 hours 13 mins remaining, 0% complete and freezes on that screen. Any idea what's going on and how to get around it as I want to check the sat nav is up to date.

Comments

• Dan DJD
    Dan DJD Registered Users Posts: 6
    Neophyte Traveler
    I am getting a similar problem on my Start 52....mine is getting to 8% apparently freezing and the going back to 0%. Have turned off my firewall and still no difference. Can anyone please help?
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,385
     Superuser
    See what support can suggest:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

(also, might you have an antivirus affecting proper transmission?)
  • Ditchburn12
    Apprentice Traveler
    Follow up to my original question. I kept trying turning everything off then starting again and eventually on about the 4th attempt it worked. I've no idea why as I didn't do anything different. It did take a while though, probably 45 minutes.
  • Ditchburn12
    Apprentice Traveler
    Below is the message I got back from Tom Tom which I hope explains what to do

I would like to inform you that the issue you've faced because you've selected all the updates together, due to this MyDrive connects application got confused with all the updates. I can see the you've downloaded below updates:

1. Latest map (around 6 GB) takes.
    2. Speed camera updates. (Full Europe update)
    3. Mapshare update (Please download mapshare update at the end as it's small file with multiple layers of mapshare updates, MyDrive install each layer separately, thus it takes more time and interfere the installation process).
    3. Application update.
    4. Some other small updates.

For future reference, I would suggest you to download one update at a time to avoid this kind of situation. Always follow below instructions before downloading big updates:

1. Configure antivirus and firewall on your computer.
    2. click on - What should I know before downloading updates?
    3. Always download updates one by one by following instructions provided below:

a. Connect your device to the computer log on MyDrive. (do no click on update all).
    b. Go to My Content

c. Update the map first (untick/de-select all other updates). Once the map is installed, then you can download and install other updates.

I am sure above information will be helpful and will clear all your doubts.