Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• Duff79
    Duff79 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    HI, i try to downgrade my tomtom from 1.7.64 to 1.3.255 making factory reset but the firmware don't change.
    Can help me please? My S/N is: HN4126G-00835

Thank you
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,004
    @CheeSengKui Please connect your watch and 1.7.64 will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Duff79 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • ediblemanager
    ediblemanager Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    @lampard it looks like I've got a battery drain issue too: leave it on charge overnight, shows full when plugged in but as soon as I start a run it goes down to zero.

Could I be rolled back to previous version also?

Many thanks,

Gordon
  • Aliasons
    Aliasons Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    My brother gives me his Runner 3 + Music because he is getting a Garmin. I can see why. I have had this watch for 3 days only and it has only been able to sync once 2.5 days ago. I've been trying the whole today and yesterday to get the damn watch synced with app but no luck. I swipe, sync circle pops up, nothing happens. I work for a software company and when we have as many complaints as this over a year period we would supply a few upgrades NOT ask people using our service to rollback to a previous version, just saying. As excited as I was for this Tom Tom I must say I am very dissapointed in the product, support and after service delivery already and I havent even been able to use my product yet. I wont be recommending this to anyone and will probably get a Garmin as well.
  • lampard
    @ediblemanager I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Aliasons Sorry to hear about your experience! I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone device?:Android/iOS

Cheers, lampard
  • Aliasons
    Aliasons Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @Aliasons Sorry to hear about your experience! I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone device?:Android/iOS
    Cheers, lampard
    @lampard Thank you for your response. When my brother gave me the watch on Sunday we synced the watch with my phone there and then. Since yesterday morning 10:45 I have not been able to sync my watch with my phone app again. Tried re-pairing my phone and watch through BT twice yesterday with no luck. Did it now again, for the third time, and it finally did a sync. Hopefully this isn't going to have to happen every time I want to do a sync...will see but yeah as I say not very happy with your product so far!
  • lampard
    @TAH78 At first, please make a factory reset on your watch and see if it improves the situation. If still no joy then I can put you on the old software version 1.3.255 .

Cheers, lampard
  • jwmurph
    jwmurph Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard
    My Runner 3 is on version 1.7.64 and i´m having battery issues. Can you please rollback the software to an stable version of it?
    If a new release is generated to replace 1.7.64 (which fixes the battery and connectivity issues) will this be offered automatically? I like the new features but need a battery capable of doing a marathon.
  • Djarum
    Djarum Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Unfortunatly i've also experienced battery drain issues since using firmwareversion 1.7.64.
    Can't hold 1 day with a single batteryload. After fully charging (also through the sports-software on windows) the batteryindicator on the watch show only 3/4 charged.
    Done several factory-resets but no luck.. Please link my account to an older firmwareversion. Thank you.
  • W_T
    W_T Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    My Runner 2 is on version 1.7.64 and i´m having battery issues.
    Tomtom Runner 2 after several tries to factory reset , the battery is according to the system fully load , detaching it from the computer it immediatly drops to 50% and doesn't not hold 1/2 day
    Please link my account to an older firmwareversion or Can it be downgraded ,

Thank you,
  • minibrezel
    minibrezel Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Dear All!

I also had battery issues after the 1.7.xxx udpate and requested to roll back the firmware to. 1.3.255. The rollback was done, but the battery issues had remained. Is there a solution for this problem?
  • Ble
    Ble Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,

looks like my watch experienced the same issue with battery drain after upgrade :(

@lampard can You help to link my watch to the stable fw version ?
  • temanisaika
    temanisaika Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    lampard wrote:
    @CheeSengKui Please connect your watch and 1.7.64 will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Duff79 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
    Dear @lampard please downgrade my firmware of my Tomtom watch to version 1.3.255.. I have done a factory reset but I am still having the same battery issues as most users here.

your help will be greatly appreciated
  • lampard
    @jwmurph @Djarum @W_T @Ble @temanisaika I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard
  • lrmijn
    lrmijn Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard could you downgrade my watch please? My watch simply wouldn't sync with my iPhone. I have tried resetting it and everything. I have a Spark 2.
  • BorisLoy
    BorisLoy Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    Hello,

Battery in my TomTom GPS Watch drains in about 24 hours (including 30-60 min of training), before watch was functioning about 3 days between charging with that intensity, please help with this issue

Best regards,
    Borys
  • Nazhi Noor
    Nazhi Noor Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Same here... battery issues started a few days ago. Watch will only last for a few hours without any activity. Request for a firmware downgrade please.
  • lampard
    @BorisLoy If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download. This will get rid of the battery issue on your watch.

@Nazhi Noor There is no way to revert firmware versions on Runner watches (1st generation), this is only applicable for Spark & Adventurer watch series. You can try the factory reset on your watch to see if it it improves the situation.

Cheers, lampard
  • Nazhi Noor
    Nazhi Noor Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    lampard wrote:
    @BorisLoy If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download. This will get rid of the battery issue on your watch.

@Nazhi Noor There is no way to revert firmware versions on Runner watches (1st generation), this is only applicable for Spark & Adventurer watch series. You can try the factory reset on your watch to see if it it improves the situation.

Cheers, lampard
    I've done several resets... soft reset,hard reset,turning it off.nothing works. Watch still drains battery like no tomorrow and lags at times.
  • zdeno.pavlik
    zdeno.pavlik Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi tomtom team,

could I also ask you for downgrade to some previous stable version?
    I am having issue with connecting phone via bluetooth to tomtom runner 3 cardio.

Currently I am running on 1.7.64

Thanks!
  • SaraNicsAdams
    SaraNicsAdams Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard Hi there, my husband gave me his TomTom Spark 3 runner a few days ago. He initially reset it to factory settings and connected it to his computer for the first time in a while which meant that new updates we're downloaded automatically. As a result of these updates, the phone is not able to sync even after multiple resets. Please can you revert back to a previous working software?
  • tomeq77
    tomeq77 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi!

Can you restore my TomTom Spark software to the previous version?

I think that after the update my original TT headphones are playing very quiet.

Before I manually decreased sound level of my mp3's.
    Now in original level it is too quiet for listening.
  • lampard
    @SaraNicsAdams We only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch after trying a factory reset on the watch. Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

@tomeq77 Please make a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect and re-pair the headphones with it after to see if it improves the situation you described. Otherwise, you may need to get in touch with support to get this reported.

Cheers, lampard
  • rooss91
    rooss91 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    every since the last update, my tomtom runner 3, its battery dies way too soon. been on a bike ride for not even 25km and the battery died..
    I don't wanna go back to factory settings though.
  • syberia101
    syberia101 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same problem, I cannot connect my phone with my watch anymore, since the installation of version 1.7.64. However, it did solve my battery issue when I upgrade to 1.7.64. If I downgrade, will the issue of the battery start again?
This discussion has been closed.