VIA 1515 Touch Screen Way off — TomTom Community

VIA 1515 Touch Screen Way off

One of my drivers uses a Tomtom Via 1515 he bought roughly a year ago. He recently started having problems with the touchscreen. When you go to push on something on the right side of the screen it will actually register an input on the opposite side of the screen. For example at the main Settings menu, if i want to push the arrow right to go to the next set of menu items, it actually selects the change voice icon. It's made the unit basically unusable for the guy.

I looked up how to re-calibrate the screen but I can't access the unit through windows explorer to find and add/edit the files needed to re-calibrate the screen. Any input on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @g00fy

Are you sure there is nothing on the screen that could be causing these ghost finger presses, like a screen protector, or even flecks of dust under the screen bezel?

If the former remove the screen protector, if the latter try running something like a business card around the screen just under the bezel to remove any crud.

Otherwise try a soft reset.

A soft reset:- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button.
  • g00fyg00fy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    He doesn't have a screen protector, and i did try a soft reset and clearing the crud out around the bezel. The Screen calibration is so off it takes 5 minutes of pushing different places to agree to the legal notice after a soft reset.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @g00fy

Contact Customer Services to see what they can do to help, still under warranty?

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
  • g00fyg00fy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I don't know if it's still under warranty, it probably isn't anymore.