why is my european FREE maps not togeather, Portugal not on United kingdom, it is one slip up.

Ok, yes I do a lot of traveling, just went to Portugal taken my satnav, get in the car we hired NO MAP FOR PORTUGAL ! Stressed out! so my son got the mobile on and got up GOOOGLE MAPS thank heavens ! then we swop phones as both were running low, after traveling all day,So we spent time there on our mobiles, because my sat nav has got France but not Spain and PORTUGAL, BUT COUNTRYES ABOVE IT ?how stupid lucky I didn't drive to Portugal, as I presumed from my France map last year Portugal and Spain would be there.
SO as home now I DOWNLOADED EUROPEN 4 MAPS, PORTUGAL AND LOST UK MAPS ?HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TOGET TO THE AIRPORT FROM THE UK, WITH OUT UK MAPS,VIA 135.I have email support, not answered as of yet from 9.30 this morning. I am not amused.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,552 Superuser
    @qirky caz

According to this FAQ https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17115/locale/en_GB
    you should have loaded zone 4

Altrenativly get a 8GB SDHC class 10 memory card and install it using my guide https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256

Then you can put the whole of Europe on that and use a smaller zone that includes UK for driving locally
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • qirky cazqirky caz Posts: 32 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you for your reply, but I have a SD card, it has USA on, !I down loaded zone 3? but then I could not get uk mps up ? why?this is silly as you shouldn't have to d this,my son has via 52, he has all the eurpean maps on his, why are they not coming on mine ? when I choose address, I go to the top, look for uk flag not to be found,, so, I had to take off the portugal map, and put back my uk map, this is brain dead stuff,uk map is one zone, portugal on another zone..
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,552 Superuser
    @qirky caz

As I said you should have downloaded zone 4

[h3]Europe zone 4[/h3]Full door to door navigation in the following countries and regions is included:
    Andorra, Belgium, France, Gibraltar, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the Canary Islands and Vatican City.

Check the first two characters of the serial number of your device
    "AQ">Via 130 / 135, 2 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3 Eol
    "AV">Via 130 / 135, 2 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3 Eol
    "AW">Via 130 / 135, 4 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "AX">Via 130 / 135, 8 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

only "AX" has a large internal of 8 GB

whereas your son's VIA 52

"EK">VIA 52, 8 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV4
    "EL">VIA 52, 8 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV4
    "EM">VIA 52, 8 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV4
    "EQ">VIA 52, 16 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV4
    "ER">VIA 52, 16 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV4
    "ES">VIA 52, 16 GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV4

some even have 16 GB which is capable of holding the 7.5 GB full Europe map
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • pedro76pedro76 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I had also a SD cad which was used In USA, but now I ma out of state, and there is some error, to activate the SD card to use, at the very first, I was not able to unzip that, but after some while, I browse, and I find some option in Quick Heal Antivirus Customer Service if you want some solution, you can try that also.