Changes to MapShare — TomTom Community

Changes to MapShare

greggy72greggy72 Posts: 7 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 11 in Map quality
Why does it take so long for a change made to MapShare, made a change in Feb 18 still no change.

Comments

• MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,830 Superusers
    Is the report already accepted? Or still Pending?
  • silvettisilvetti Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    Megalos wrote:
    Is the report already accepted? Or still Pending?
    I have Accepted reports since March and still not available anywhere...
  • bigbig Posts: 1,564 Superuser
    It is not likely that most reports accepted in March will be available now. The map update due this week was probably frozen in March or April. It takes time for reports to make it on to TomTom's internal database and then eventually to the maps you receive on your devices.

The online maps at my drive.TomTom.com are more up to date than the ones pushed out to your device. If your changes show online then you know your changes are in progress.
  • silvettisilvetti Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    Yeah, but that leads to my point on another post. Why would I use outdated maps that take 6 months to trickle down to the service I use TomTom Go for iOS?
    And who approved making my street one way when it never was, and now I have to wait 6 months to get it back correctly? That's nonsense :(
  • desert_dweller5desert_dweller5 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    silvetti wrote:
    Yeah, but that leads to my point on another post. Why would I use outdated maps that take 6 months to trickle down to the service I use TomTom Go for iOS?
    And who approved making my street one way when it never was, and now I have to wait 6 months to get it back correctly? That's nonsense :(

if you Use iOS you can always switch to Waze. There you can make your own changes. Some changes need approval from other community members they can be done as quick as a week depending on the tile update.

Unfortunately for me I am having to update this through map share reporter because my job uses Mapquest. The rep from MapQuest on twitter told me about this tool. So now I'm working of this map to see if it will update the map at work.
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 492 [Exalted Navigator]
    silvetti wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that at one time, any changes you reported from your device (e.g., a blocked road) were effected locally on your sat nav until such time that they were rolled out to the community. However, I think this may be one of the many useful features that were removed on later devices by those whose mindset I just cannot fathom. They should get out of reverse gear and start moving forwards again before it's too late.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,564 Superuser
    @BrianE Yes, that used to be the case. It would be nice to have that back.