In past several days, the "Password Reset" form has just told me "Reset Password Failed"

BigGeezerBigGeezer Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have not updated my XL 340 in about 1.5 years now, due to being without a computer. Now, everything is ready to go, except I don't remember my old password and I can't create a new one!! I cannot even sign on to this forum with my old email address.
Help, anyone?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    Are you saying you set a lock on your device when using Home and, as a consequence, you can't use the device since you can't remember the password?
  • BigGeezerBigGeezer Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    O did not say that. All I said was when I tried to update my GPS, the "Home" software asks for an email address and the password - which is what I forgot. What I am also saying is I cannot create a new password to replace the old. I use the device all the time and I don't even if it has a lock available on it. All I want to do is UPDATE my device, the maps are outdated. Pardon me if I sound frustrated. Anyway, thanks for a response.
    Call support but do NOT provide a device when prompted for a live agent to respond.

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST

That said, your device is considered End of Life by Tomtom. (see here: https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/obsolete-products/) so no more updates of maps, etc.
  • BigGeezerBigGeezer Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello dnh,
    I did not understand your first paragraph, seemed like "broken English" to me.

As for the rest of it, I think you may be incorrect. Here is why:
    Of several emails I received, one on 5/28/17, states my subscription goes from 8/21/11 to 8/21/2021!

Also, when I plug my GPS into my computer and the software opens up, the software
    lists QuickGPSfix AND Also NEW maps for me to install on my GPS, which has adequate HD space.

It sounds like someone is just trying to blow me off to sell a new machine.

So, today, when I tried a password reset - the window just froze and gave me no message at all. "Planned obselence"?

Right now it is past 5:30am in Minnesota, USA, I am getting sleepy and I am tired of dealing with this. This shouldn't be that difficult. I am going to bed.
    Maybe you can come up with a better answer with my additional information?

P.S. What is that 877-757-7137 phone number for that is listed in your reply?
    That model is considered End of Life by Tomtom so, if when you call, you provide what model you have, your call will be rejected and you'll be advised to seek help here.

But, if you don't respond with a model when prompted, a live agent SHOULD come on line and you can explain the situation in detail. That's why I said don't respond with a model when prompted.

The number I provided is the customer service number for the US.