I cannot hard or soft reset my golfer 2 — TomTom Community

I cannot hard or soft reset my golfer 2

Hooky23Hooky23 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
I am stuck. I cannot hard or soft reset my golfer 2. I tried the fix where I downloaded the 3.3.6 version and updated the Appdata. Nothing, I just cannot seem to get out of this wretched loop. Now all i can see on my golfer 2 screen is an image of a screen attached to a golfer 2 with tomtom.com/reset underneath.

anyone got any more advice - so so so frustrated with this.

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,581
    Community Manager
  • Hooky23Hooky23 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi Jurgen,
    I must be doing something wrong as have tried this work around so many times but keep getting thrown out. I have the software as per the above - 3.3.6 and updated the prefs to 0 and 0. Set the watch in the dock but unconnected and held down the button. When it shows tomtom.com/reset I plug it in. It goes to reset on the pc and starts to update, but after a few seconds I get the Ooops message and there is no way back from that. I cannot seem to get past the reset. The purple circular bar on the update screen gets about a third of the way before it crashes. What am I doing wrong?
    what should i see on the golfer screen? i can see an image of screen connected to the watch and cannot get out of this screen no matter how long i hold the watch button down.
    Community Manager
    You should see only a USB plug rather than a watch connected to a computer. Keep holding the down button while you plug in the USB cable.
    83cba956-5511-438e-bf44-9fe16c4c84ff.jpg
    Jurgen, I just cannot get out of this screen. I press the button on the watch with this screen on and it does go to the single usb image after i plug it into the laptop. But still it crashes out.Does it need to be set up with the phone app?
    Community Manager
    In that case it's probably better if you call our support:
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Jurgen - all fixed. It was the cable that was faulty. Thanks to Amy O in support for her input. All working great now.