Comments

• IGIIGI Posts: 140 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Is this plan still on track?

Or have you abandoned it?
  • THendriXonTHendriXon Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    IGI wrote:
    Is this plan still on track?

Or have you abandoned it?
    Seems to be live for me right now. New styles for the map and is now the most current map.6079471c-f5ec-4fba-ab12-0a8814371765.png
    :0
  • IGIIGI Posts: 140 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Yup, we saw that too.

Now we just have to see whether it will live up to the expectations.

It should have a modular design which means it should be more up-to-date than 10.05 as of now.

I've yet to see a road that is visible only on MSR and not visible in the latest release (10.05 now).
  • TimmetjeTimTimmetjeTim Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    IGI wrote:
    Yup, we saw that too.

Now we just have to see whether it will live up to the expectations.

It should have a modular design which means it should be more up-to-date than 10.05 as of now.

I've yet to see a road that is visible only on MSR and not visible in the latest release (10.05 now).
    I can now see multiple new/edited roads in MSR which are not visible in the 10.05 release.

I’m kind of disappointed MSR didn’t get a complete design overhaul to go alongside the v3.0 release, or is this coming at a later date?
  • smajsersmajser Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I don`t understand why TomTom does not have normal map editing tool.
    HERE Maps, OSM, Waze have excellent software and they are free.

When I take a look at competition OSM is way behind HERE, Garmin, TomTom, Waze.
    But all of them (except Garmin and TomTom) have great software for editing maps and they are lot quicker in making changes on map. For quite some time HERE Maps had problem with house numbers, but now that is much much better.

My recommendation for TomTom would be to work on software that would implement their maps (offline mode) and Waze way of reporting for all platforms (not only GPS devices, but also android, etc....).

If TomTom continues like this they will lose battle because other GPS software will very soon have better maps and they are available for free.

Best regards