Selecting ‘Home’ results in “route cleared” - Why?. GO 620 — TomTom Community

Selecting ‘Home’ results in “route cleared” - Why?. GO 620

11lotus11lotus Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
After updating my GO 620 via wifi to the latest Oceania map, and doing a subsequent reboot a number of times, the device now, when I select ‘Home’, plans it but immediately says “route cleared” ........even after entering the actual address! No problem with any other destinations though.
What is going on?.

Comments

  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,273
    Superusers
    Hi
    @11lotus

    Do you happen to have two or more devices registered to MyDrive Connect using the same Email Address & Password... if 'Yes'

    The data will automatically sync to Both/All devices

    Important be aware... If both units are likely to be in operation at the same time
    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/three-go-600-s-and-mydrive-sync-1026193/index1.html#post1180163
    ___________________________

    Edit...
    Were you previously using the MyDrive Web Route planner (MDW) or the MyDrive App to Plan/Cancel or Send a route to the device/s... if 'Yes'

    If the device was not running, there could have be a Route Etc.. sat waiting to sync with the device when powered-up

    ATB YFM
  • 11lotus11lotus Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @11lotus

    Maybe... Do you happen to have two or more devices registered to MyDrive Connect using the same Email Address & Password
    Were you previously using the MyDrive Web Route planner or the MyDrive App to Plan/Cancel or Send a route to the device/s... if 'Yes'

    The data will automatically sync to Both/All devices

    Important be aware... If both units are likely to be in operation at the same time


    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/three-go-600-s-and-mydrive-sync-1026193/index1.html#post1180163
    ATB YFM
    Yes we have 2 x GO 620s and have had no trouble before, but the map update has changed something it seems.
    Why would only ‘Home’ be problematic?.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,273
    Superusers
    Hi
    @11lotus

    Are your two devices registered to MyDrive Connect using the same Email Address & Password ???

    Have you Edited/Changed/Cleared your Home location using the MyDrive Web Route planner (MDW)

    ATB YFM
  • 11lotus11lotus Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @11lotus

    Are your two devices registered to MyDrive Connect using the same Email Address & Password ???

    Yes.
    Have you Edited/Changed/Cleared your Home location using the MyDrive Web Route planner (MDW)

    The only thing that changed was doing the map update on each device via wifi, one at a time. Both were then rebooted which restored My Places . The only problem is with Home which I simply can’t understand.
    ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,273
    Superusers
    Hi
    @11lotus

    Is it still deleting your Location ???

    Maybe the latest Maps have made detail changes around your home location ???

    ATB YFM
  • 11lotus11lotus Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @11lotus

    Is it still deleting your Location ???

    Maybe the latest Maps have made detail changes around your home location ???

    ATB YFM
    Home has never been deleted or disappeared from the map, and the return Home shortcut button is there which does my head in when it (alone) fails to navigate to there.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,273
    Superusers
    Hi
    @11lotus

    I have just re-read your initial post 'Sorry for the confusion'
    I still feel the problem is a sync interaction between your GO 620's or the MDWeb route planner

    You could try logging out of 'MyDrive' on the device that's giving problems, then try 'Drive Home' again... See if the route still gets cleared

    ATB YFM
  • 11lotus11lotus Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @11lotus

    I have just re-read your initial post 'Sorry for the confusion'
    I still feel the problem is a sync interaction between your GO 620's or the MDWeb route planner

    You could try logging out of 'MyDrive' on the device that's giving problems, then try 'Drive Home' again... See if the route still gets cleared

    ATB YFM
    Thanks, I’ll give it a go .
  • 11lotus11lotus Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I deleted and then reentered Home and that seems to have fixed this problem. Don’t know why though.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0