Losing time

Sue da Costa
Sue da Costa Registered Users Posts: 3
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have had my TomTom Runner for about 4 years, maybe longer. After a run the timing is correct however the kilometers are incorrect. It shows about 2km less. I have tested it now a few times. What can I do?

thank you
regards

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    What are you measuring against to see the difference? Another device or earlier runs with the Runner? There will always be fluctuations, especially between multiple devices as GPS is not exact, but within the same device it should be somewhat consistent (environmental conditions will play a part though). It would be unusual for the GPS chip to fail like this, it would either work or not work, but the firmware could be failing. I would start with a factory reset and see if that helps. If not, it may be time for e new watch, as 4 years is a long time and you re not under warranty. If you do, look at other companies as TT ahs left the wearables industry.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.