Rider 400- Hoarse voice in headset - Page 12 — TomTom Community

Rider 400- Hoarse voice in headset

167891012»

Comments

• TidusTidus Posts: 34 [Master Explorer]
    well.... after that much waitting time.. it is a no come back, I sold my tomtom rider 400, and I will take off from motorbike gps till something real and working as spected comes to the light.. tomtom didn't solved our long time ago issues that makes this gps not functional as it is failing in a lot of basics...

I didn't know if I will buy again another tomtom product.. at least not with the actual product line.. (400, 410, 420, 450)... Tomtom, think a little on it.. you are loosing buyers...

Bye..
  • eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Am I alone believing that Tomtom finally will solve the hoarse voice problems?
    Since MikkoK has left nobody is taking care about customers here.
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    Hi
    I have been using a TT450 for about 4 months Sound works fine with my Nolan B4 unit and a cheap cardo copy, at the weekend I bought a New Schubeth C3 Pro with a Sena SC10U headset ( Schubeth branded) Using that the sound quality is mixed sometimes its clear sometimes it sounds like they are talking through bubbles. Must be the Sena unit as the Tomtom works fine with other BT Headsets.
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    ReneMo wrote:
    since if a phone can share data via bluetooth, it can do it also via wifi.
    It would be a great device instantly.

Unfortunately to connect via WIFI would need another component in the tomtom.
    Some of the car devices have wifi but still use BT to connect to the phone and share data.
    Also consider if using your phone as a WIFI hub it will use a lot more battery power.
  • ThomasGNThomasGN Posts: 362 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    eldawido wrote:

Well, even with MikkoK behind the screen nothing were done to solve this problem. I started the discussion 2 1/2 year ago but no software update has solved anything. I moved on and I will never look back.
  • SBDJSBDJ Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    EXPORTMAN wrote:
    Must be the Sena unit as the Tomtom works fine with other BT Headsets.

Except there are plenty of reports of people having issues with other headsets, on the first page even :)
    ThomasGN wrote:
    Well, even with MikkoK behind the screen nothing were done to solve this problem. I started the discussion 2 1/2 year ago but no software update has solved anything. I moved on and I will never look back.

Well the thread is marked as solved now ;)

I also stopped using mine - the retailer refused to refund and TomTom were pretty unwilling to help either. Between the crappy bluetooth issues, the condensation on the inside of the screen and the rain activation it's pretty much a useless device. I've gone back to using Waze full time - it's fast, responsive and has much more accurate alerts :)
  • ThomasGN wrote:
    eldawido wrote:

Tomtom replaced my rider for a new one and this one is working fine. It took about a year and alot of endless phonecalls. But I am happy with the solution. But a year is to long.
  • Tomtom replaced my rider for a new one and this one is working fine. It took about a year and alot of endless phonecalls. But I am happy with the solution. But a year is to long.
    Jewevede wrote:
    Tomtom replaced my rider for a new one and this one is working fine. It took about a year and alot of endless phonecalls. But I am happy with the solution. But a year is to long.

Tomtom gave me my money back after almost two years of trouble. Bought myself another GPS from a different brand. Far better investment. Works like a charm.

Will not return to Tomtom anytime soon.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 754
    Superuser
    Personally I gave up after experiencing all of the problems mentioned here lately... It looks like they can’t fix any of them (hoarce voice, condensation, freezes, hands-free calling), not to mention the whole immaturity of the product.

TomTom must come back with a totally new design, without any flaws to regain the lost customers (current & new ones) but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Rider 4xx series is the last motorcycle gps navigation device by TomTom...
  • 954dk954dk Posts: 292 [Master Traveler]
    Can we expect an update from Tomtom on this isssue?
  • BliejeBlieje Posts: 90 [Master Explorer]
    I don't think it's in the hardware...
    Because only the second part of a direction is hoarse. First part is ok, always!
  • JP_RAVENJP_RAVEN Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    I just bought a new TomTom Rider 550 and a Sena Headset. I'm devastated to find that it also suffers from the hoarse voice problem considering it's a brand new product (May 2018) and yet this issue has existed for years!

Just to be clear, if I turn my phone (iPhone 10) off or put it in Airplane Mode) the problem goes away, but that's not a solution.

What's happening, TomTom?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,417 Moderator
    Hi @JP_RAVEN

Could you please check that you are following the recommended pairing as shown in the below video and post back here..

[video]

Thanks
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram,
    I deleted all pairings on all 3 devices and then paired them again in the order shown in the video. Unfortunately, it has made no difference.
    When the phone is switched off or in airplane mode, the TomTom voice comes through the headset loud and clear.
    When the phone is then connected, the voice becomes hoarse and hard to follow.
    My Sena headset supports the A2DP profile but turning this on or off makes no difference.
    Can you help?
    Hi @JP_RAVEN

Could you provide me with some more details(model number or specifications) about your Sena headset.

I have already forwarded this to the concerned team and we will be needing this information to proceed with the investigation process.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Hi Vikram

The headset is a Sena SRL for the Shoei Neotec II helmet (integrated headset specifically made to integrate into that helmet)

The phone is an iPhone X.

Regards,
    JP :-)
    Hi JP_RAVEN

Thank you for providing the specifications.

Here are some steps I would like you to try please:

1. Turn on the headset and press the center Button for 12 seconds until you hear high-toned double beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Configuration menu”.

2. Within 2 seconds, tap the (+) Button 5 times, then the LED turns to red flashing and the beeps turn to double mid-toned beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Media selective pairing”.

3. Search for Bluetooth devices on your smartphone. Select the Sena SRL in the list of devices detected on your phone.

And after headset paired, turn on HIGH QUALITY (A2DP) in the Rider screen.

:fingers_crossed: :nerd::fingers_crossed: Vikram
    @JP_RAVEN

I need to feed back the findings to the concerned team, so I wanted to know if the above troubleshooting has helped?

Thank you
    Vikram :)
  • LatoLato Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I have the same problem with the scala packtalk and rider 400. The sound of the phone is good for a moment and then it starts to hoarse voice and i have to end of conversation. Will the given method for sena work for scala? Or what is the way for packtalk.
    Thank you for any help
    Marcin

VikramK wrote:
    Hi JP_RAVEN

Thank you for providing the specifications.

Here are some steps I would like you to try please:

1. Turn on the headset and press the center Button for 12 seconds until you hear high-toned double beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Configuration menu”.

2. Within 2 seconds, tap the (+) Button 5 times, then the LED turns to red flashing and the beeps turn to double mid-toned beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Media selective pairing”.

3. Search for Bluetooth devices on your smartphone. Select the Sena SRL in the list of devices detected on your phone.

And after headset paired, turn on HIGH QUALITY (A2DP) in the Rider screen.

:fingers_crossed: :nerd::fingers_crossed: Vikram

Or even better you could
    1. Open the bin and throw the Tomtom Rider away.
    2. Empty you savings account.
    3. Buy a GPS from a company with a GPS without the hoarse voice.
    I did.
    Hi, I'm back just to see if the hoarse voice has been solved after all these years. Sadly not I recognise.
    Still happy I got a refund and bought another brand which, by the way, works as it is supposed to. Even with music if I want that on longer trips.

Also mesmerised about problems with the newest versions of the Rider. Tomtom is slowly getting rid of physical devices and move to apps, I imagine. But there are a lot of free apps on the market, so good luck with that move.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 754
    Superuser
    Almost 6 years later nothing has changed... Instead it’s getting worse. TT is hopeless. I’ve gave up...