My TomTom Multisport watch Crashed / Frozen — TomTom Community

My TomTom Multisport watch Crashed / Frozen

ajspajsp Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 22 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi there,

My watch has crashed! It has the 'hands' symbol on the screen and the back light is on. Not recognised when I'm prompted to connect it to my laptop. Is it just a case of waiting till battery runs out?

Anyone seen this before?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,817 Superusers
    I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.

* If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

If that does not work you should call Customer Support. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ajspajsp Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks again tfarabaugh,

The battery eventually ran out on my watch and re-set itself. I was able to charge and sync it normally so didn't get a chance to use your fix.

I've got a note of it for future ref if needed.

Thanks