Rider 550 not connect Sena 20S and iPhone — TomTom Community

Rider 550 not connect Sena 20S and iPhone

Kipper KendallKipper Kendall Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Got the new 550, coming from Garmin Montana, happy with performance of navigation although interface takes time to get used to.

Issue I'm having is linking via BT the Rider to iPhone 7 and Sena 20S headset. Can link to one or the other but not all three. I've tried disconnecting the iPhone from the Sena and using the Rider as the main hub (you then connect Rider to the two devices) but no luck.

Anyone had any success? Are sorry aware of this issue. Cheers

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi Kipper

Welcome to the community :)

Could you check if you are following the recommended pairing steps as suggested in the video below:

[video]

Thanks
    Vikram
  • Kipper KendallKipper Kendall Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi Kipper

Welcome to the community :)

Could you check if you are following the recommended pairing steps as suggested in the video below:
    [video]

Thanks
    Vikram

Many thanks. That fixed it. The Sena manual had a section on Bluetooth connections and details using channel two for GPS connection.

Originally I followed the instructions in the Tomtom user guide which would not work.
  • JosseJosse Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram, I've seen your reply but the video is missing. I have same issue. Could you upolad video again ? Thanks !! Josse.
  • AymaraAymara Posts: 106 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Make sure, that the Rider is not connected to a Wifi, when using Bluetooth!

Everything works fine with my iPhone with iOS 11.4.1 and my Sena 10R. If it still doesn‘t work try deleting all bluetooth profiles on all three devices and start from scratch. First iPhone and Rider, than iPhone and Sena and the Rider and Sena. I did it in this order and it worked at once.

And don‘t dorget to start the MyDrive app.

Mobile hotspot is not needed in my case (iPhone 6s), but others seem to need it.