Future of Spark and TomTom Sport — TomTom Community

Future of Spark and TomTom Sport

johnnyT2005johnnyT2005 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have heard that TomTom are leaving the wearables market. Is this true and, if so, will the apps and support be maintained?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,330
    Superusers
    They left the wearables market last November and recalled all the US inventory a few months ago. They are no longer producing devices and we can probably safely assume there will not be much development go forward but the platform will stay up and necessary bug fixes should continue, although for how long no one knows. I would assume a few years until they are beyond the useful life of the existing products (which is generally 3-4 years for sports watches). TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • johnnyT2005johnnyT2005 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I’ll be past-it in 4 years so will carry on with the TomTom!
    Superusers
    Thanks. I’ll be past-it in 4 years so will carry on with the TomTom!
    There is no need to discard products you already have but I would not recommend buying any new TT devices. Stick with a brand active in the market.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • JLeighBJLeighB Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just found out about this! Does anyone have an alternative product they like? I love my Spark with the music capability and all its functionalities...I'm so sad to hear that TT has left this market. My watch is still doing fine but I know eventually I will have to replace it.
    Superusers
    JLeighB wrote:
    Just found out about this! Does anyone have an alternative product they like? I love my Spark with the music capability and all its functionalities...I'm so sad to hear that TT has left this market. My watch is still doing fine but I know eventually I will have to replace it.
    Go with the new Garmin 645 that has Music (or the Vivoactive 3 if you don't need music).
  • SpikeXtremeSpikeXtreme Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Garmin Forerunner 645 Music lovely looking watch but at £399 too expensive and some reviewers have said battery life isn't great. I'm looking at the Polar M600 should my Runner 2 die.
  • MachMach Posts: 89 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    There are more watches from Garmin expected with onboard music, including the soon to be announced FR 245M and Vivoactive 3 Music. The other inexpensive alternative is Xiaomi Amazfit 2 Stratos.

I would really love to buy a new TT watch instead, but I simply can't. Pity ...
  • jwmurphjwmurph Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Suunto are really good too, I really like the accuracy they provide and feel much more substantial and stable than garmin. I've got a Garmin 735XT and a Suunto Spartan Sport WHR along with my Runner 3, the Garmin is my least liked of the 3.
    The Suunto Spartan Trainer does everything the full triathlon Sport WHR does for 1/2 the price, no music though on any Suunto.....