The Sports Connect doesn't work — TomTom Community

The Sports Connect doesn't work

WayneMillerWayneMiller Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
I follow the instructions on how to set up the new Touch device, but when I download and open "Sports Connect", absolutely nothing happens. What do I need to do to open it please?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Are you plugging the device into the computer? It does not open until a device is connected. If it is still not working you should call Support as there may be a computer setting blocking it. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • WayneMillerWayneMiller Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Of course I am plugging the device into the computer. I am following the instructions. I find this process too time consuming, fiddly and completely unsatisfactory and am returning the Touch.

I cannot believe the time I have wasted on this...I have a life to live. I have trouble even negotiating your self promoting website to find the appropriate numbers to contact.

When I send a request for information via your website and you say you'll respond within 24 hours, you send instead a pseudo "community chat" template response.
    I know customer service is dead these days but you are beyond the pale.
    I am returning this crap tomorrow and going for Apple. At least I can go and talk to somebody who can pretend they care, and help me get their product working.
    Superusers
    So you are aware this is a user forum, I nor anyone on here is an employee so you should direct your anger at us (even if it is justified). Returning it is a wise move considering TomTom went out of the watch business and stopped producing devices almost nine months ago (due in large part to the failure of the Touch lineup).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • FoldingLlamaFoldingLlama Posts: 29 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    So you are aware this is a user forum, I nor anyone on here is an employee so you should direct your anger at us (even if it is justified). Returning it is a wise move considering TomTom went out of the watch business and stopped producing devices almost nine months ago (due in large part to the failure of the Touch lineup).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.

unbelievable they are still selling and advertising all their sportwatches in this case!
    Superusers
    tfarabaugh wrote:

unbelievable they are still selling and advertising all their sportwatches in this case!
    Do you expect them to just throw out their old inventory? The devices still work (connectivity issues aside) and are supported so you are getting what you paid for in theory.
  • FoldingLlamaFoldingLlama Posts: 29 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:

Do you expect them to just throw out their old inventory? The devices still work (connectivity issues aside) and are supported so you are getting what you paid for in theory.

Sorry, but in my opinion you're not getting what you paid for: the device isn't doing what is promised as it doesn't sync with smartphones. So not even in theory you are getting what you should.
    Superusers
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:

Sorry, but in my opinion you're not getting what you paid for: the device isn't doing what is promised as it doesn't sync with smartphones. So not even in theory you are getting what you should.
    It connects with the vast majority of cell phones, a small subset of users are still having connectivity issues. You cannot use what you see on the forums as a measure as this is only people with a problem, not the millions without any issues. And the question comes to what is an integral feature and what is not. It is a sports watch, meant to record activities. It can still upload (by computer) so it is full functional. Maybe not in the way you like, but it fulfills its promised goals (recording activities and uploading them).