Timezone discrepancy between GPS activities and non GPS in Strava

KBKB
KBKB Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have a runner 2 and have my account synced to Strava.

I have just moved to New Zealand from the UK. In the UK, I obviously alternated between GMT/BST and everything recorded & uploaded fine.

My watch/Sports Connect/Strava are all set to the Auckland timezone (or however they display it).

However in NZ (which is UTC/GMT+12) when I record a run, it correctly gets loaded into Strava in the correct local time.

However when a non GPS (turbo/swim session) it seems to get uploaded without any timezone as the activities get shown 12 hours behind.

I have just checked and the activities in Sports Connect show the correct (local) time.

Obviously I appreciate this could be a Strava upload issue but thought I would check here first.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Do you have the right time zone offset set in MySports under Settings? It sounds like you do if the watch is reading the right time. Since everything is correct on the TT side I agree it sounds like a Strava issue where they are reading the time stamp wrong from the data upload. I wonder if it has to do with how am/pm is included in the data (12 hour versus 24 hour time). It might be worth a post on Strava's forums to see what they have to say.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • KBKB
    KBKB Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi,
    Good spot. My timezone in the app was still set to London. I will see how that plays out over the next couple of days and give an update/close the question.

Thanks,
    Keith
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    I would bet that in GPs activities it takes the time off the GPS data whereas with non-GPs it is using the time off the watch (which was off by 12 hours). Should be fixed now.