Planned route not showing on TT 6250 — TomTom Community

Planned route not showing on TT 6250

I've planned my route using the TT Mydrive route planner and sent it to my TT 6250 which showed it'd been synced successfully but there's nothing showing in my routes on the device, despite it and the device saying I've received a new route. If I go back to the route planner on the PC its showing in my routes and on the map., what have I missed?? :thinking:

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,964 Superusers
    Hi
    @Oneeasygeezer
    I find it best for the initial syncing to be over USB Cable, the transfer is almost instant, especially large .Ov2 files or large numbers of POI files (I run 107 POI on my devices)
    (1)... You will need your device connected to you PC via a Tomtom USB cable...
    (2)... MyDriveConnect running in the background
    (3)... The MyDriveRoute Planner running, to be able to add whatever data you want to synchronize across you device/s
    (4)... If you have multiple devices you can only connect one device at a time over USB... Each device must be logged into the MyDrive menu on the device with the same Email address and Password that you used for the MyDriveConnect account

The MyDrive Menu path on the devices.....
    NAV4 devices............ MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Tomtom Services > MyDrive
    NAV5 Wifi devices.... MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Settings > MyDrive

The MyDriveRoute Planner HERE... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

I've rebooted the PC logged out of the device and started again using a USB cable as suggested and the route was instantly downloaded: whilst it it shows in my recent destinations it still isn't listed in my places despite me opting to save it, so why if it's shown in My Routes on My Drive isn't showing on My Routes on the device they're supposed to be synced via the account so what's going on?
  • OneeasygeezerOneeasygeezer Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi YFM as yet you've not answered my last question, why aren't routes planned in My Routes on My Drive showing on My Routes on the device. To further complicate the problem, routes planned on the device ( as MY Routes wont sync) and saved for use the following day have disappeared, what the hell's going on?:tired_face:
    Hi
    @Oneeasygeezer
    Are you using 'Send to device' ??? if 'Yes'
    Note... The latest version of MyDrive Web Route planner now uses a 'Send Stops' button in place of the 'Send to device' button

The MyDrive Web Route planner only sends the route to the device as a destination... Or if you add stops it send it as a route (But it's is not automatically saved in MyRoutes)

If you are using 'Send to device' see my workaround below

Be Aware....
    If your starting point IS NOT your present location there's a BUG
    When using the 'Send to device' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer where 'A' IS NOT your present location... The device drops Location "A"
    This bug also applies also to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

For more info See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/tomtom-route-planner-route-selection-on-the-go-5100-differ-1030046/index1.html#post1198253

This is the workaround method I use...
    (1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(2)... Zoom in... Place a Sacrificial stop close to the Start Icon

8eaec27f-eba6-4332-bbb7-38ecfdac3110.png
    (4)... Choose the 'Send to Device' option... The route will sync to your device

(5)... The device will calculate your route from your 'Present location'

(5.1)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)...When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

ATB YFM

Your solution works for me although I was planning from home it involved a number of waypoints.

I must say I've got 2 days left before my 30 days expires and the more I look at the work arounds on the forum with no input from TomTom, I think I'll end up returning the unit and changing to Garmin. I really can't believe the top of the range Sat Nav from what most would consider to be the number 1 in car navigation is so full of bugs as to be amateurish to say the least.

Oneeasygeezer
    Hi
    @Oneeasygeezer
    the main reason for my workaround... I prefer to use .ITN Routes

Don't forget you can always use the 'Save & Sync' option....

The .GPX (Track) will be Saved in the MDW Route planner
    The .GPX (Track) will Sync and save to MyRoutes on your device

Plan your Route
    874fb896-e7c0-4f86-91cc-7e22fea05519.jpg
    A new window opens....
    ff15d6e0-5c8e-45a4-9100-c6f81bb55335.jpg
    Change the Name of the .GPX (Track) if required
    Slide the sync switch to ON
    Click 'Save'

ATB YFM

If you are still having the problem, I found the best solution was to carry out a Factory Reset, it will wipe TomTom clean and put it back to the day it was new. It takes about 5 minutes, you must set up TT as if new, following the on screen instruction. When finished the start up settings assuming you have saved all POI's and Tracks on TomTom My Drive before resetting you will need to log in to My Drive with TT on. The PC & TT will sync. all your POI's etc. uploading to TT. The problem you had I had and this worked 100%. In fact dare I say it is working better now than it did from new.
    I am by profession a PC technical engineer and silly as this sounds I always format a new PC after making sure it is working reasonably well, they always work better. Try it. Good luck.
    Hi
    @PH27

How can a Factory reset on the Tomtom device can have any effect on the subject discussed in this thread i.e... Bugs and vagaries of the MyDriveWeb Route planner

ATB YFM