Cardio Runner has just stopped connecting via Bluetooth to my iPhone — TomTom Community

Cardio Runner has just stopped connecting via Bluetooth to my iPhone

kswindonkswindon Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 11 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I've had no real issues with the watch connecting in all the time I've had it, other than occasionally needing to be patient when it was a bit slow to "latch on" properly. However this morning I needed to update the quick GPS but couldn't get the watch to connect at all. Tried to "find" the watch through the bluetooth section in settings on the phone- no joy. I tried switching everything off and back on. "Forgot" the watch and tried to reinstall it. No joy. Plugged the watch in to do a soft reset. No joy. I can still download data by plugging into my mac, and can update the quick GPS this way, but the bluetooth connectivity was just so useful.

I'd be very grateful if anyone has any ideas.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,788 Superusers
    I would start from scratch. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • kswindonkswindon Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    I would start from scratch. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Thanks for such a speedy reply. I have just tried the factory reset option, but got an "oops we can't do this at the moment, try again later" type response which I assumed meant there's an issue on the website. However, now my watch (which was previously working fine, just wouldn't link to my phone) is showing the computer connected to the watch symbol on the screen and I can't get it to work at all. I've tried reconnecting and disconnecting but I just get the same thing happening.
    Any help/suggestions gratefully received!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,788 Superusers
    I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.

* If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

If that does not work you should call Customer Support. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

• kswindonkswindon Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks, I've contacted customer support as the solution you suggested above I had already tried to no avail. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.