Broken Watch — TomTom Community

Broken Watch

madison1211madison1211 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 22 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I run high school track and cross country and need to track runs as a varsity runner. This has been my second multisport watch within 2 years. The first one quit on me and the navigation button on the bottom of watch would not work. I got a new one and it worked pretty well for my cross country and track seasons however, now that it is summer I have to start tracking miles again for my runs. My watch once again will not work. The little navigation buttons to move from screen to screen (to actually select anything on the watch, and move between menus) again does not work for me. My family and I had gotten sport watches at the same time and while I am on my second one now, everyone still has their first. I am the only one who chose to get a watch from Tomtom. I chose this watch thinking it would last a long time but I am very unsatisfied with it. I will probably never get another one of these watches from Tomtom. I contacted support for my first watch which resulted with me getting another one. This second watch hasn't lasted nearly as long as the first one. Anyone have any problems like this or does anyone know how to fix this? My watch is literally unusable and I will definitely look into a better made watch next time.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    The MultiSports were discontinued several years ago and yours is likely out of warranty. I would try support and see what they can do, but if it is out of warranty your options are limited. I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over nine months. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand from a company that is actively in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.