compatible HRM chest straps — TomTom Community

compatible HRM chest straps

NeilLJBNeilLJB Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
anyone tried a coospo bluetooth HRM chest strap with the spark? seem quite common on e-bay around GBP 18 so maybe worth a punt similarly any one tried liguer xs1 ear buds about GBP 20 on amazon. Both much cheaper than te Tom Tom equivalent

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,874 Superusers
    NeilLJB wrote:
    anyone tried a coospo bluetooth HRM chest strap with the spark? seem quite common on e-bay around GBP 18 so maybe worth a punt similarly any one tried liguer xs1 ear buds about GBP 20 on amazon. Both much cheaper than te Tom Tom equivalent

Pretty much any BT HR strap will work, as long as it is not one of the more advanced ones like the Garmin HRM-RUN that also incorporate running dynamics and extra stuff (they will likely still connect but you won't get any of the extra data). Headphones are a little trickier but the cheaper ones seem to work better as they are using a base version of BT without adding much customization. The more expensive ones are using newer, customized versions of the BT protocols which cause issues as they are smarter than the watch.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • NeilLJBNeilLJB Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I'll post agin wit specifics if I get either both, that'd be more of a solution I think, but tanks for the general guidance
  • alehelalehel Posts: 143 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Don't buy garmin as they use ant+, not Bluetooth and are therefore impossible to pair with a tomtom watch. I personally recommend wahoo Bluetooth sensor (get the cheapest as the others have extra features you won't need.

Remember you are also paying for comfort, so the cheapest hrm belt you can find on eBay may not necessarily be a good idea.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,874 Superusers
    alehel wrote:
    Don't buy garmin as they use ant+, not Bluetooth and are therefore impossible to pair with a tomtom watch. I personally recommend wahoo Bluetooth sensor (get the cheapest as the others have extra features you won't need.

Remember you are also paying for comfort, so the cheapest hrm belt you can find on eBay may not necessarily be a good idea.

Good point on Garmin, I was trying to get the point across that you need a basic HR strap and Garmin was the example that popped into my head. They do need to be BT+, not ANT+.
  • Tiago MirandaTiago Miranda Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    NeilLJB wrote:
    I´m using a Coospo with my Spark 3 cardio music. It works pretty well. Much more accurate than the built in sensor.