problem with tom tom home — TomTom Community

problem with tom tom home

RasaRasa Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Dear friends, can somebody help me, I have installed TomTom home, but he don"t recognize my sd card from car... I"ve bought new maps but now I can"t install them...

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,346
    Superusers
    What model device?
  • RasaRasa Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    It is in car, in-dash navigation… where can I find device model?
    I have sd card with map of Italy, and it works….
    Tom Tom live (I think…)
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,011
    Superusers
    There can be multiple reasons. Maybe the card reader in your PC isn't compatible with the card for one. Also does the car recognize the memory card? Maybe you will need an external card reader to the PC. What size and brand is the card and is it from a reputable source?

What kind of car is it?
    Ok, card reader is in my laptop....I can see and copy files from/on card. Yes, this is a card from my car with a map of Italy, I dont see the nam of brand of card but it is original from car (Renault scenic 2013), I see as a main problem that I can't do anything in TomTom home, I can only to log in.... I've been on official site and bought map..., I meen pay it and now it says it is " in progres". But I can't download file...map... whatever...
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,906
    Superuser
    @Rasa

Contact Customer Services to check the status of your order/subscription(s)

:flag_it: Italia
    lunedì-venerdì: ore 09:00-17:30 CET
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,951 Moderator
    Hi Rasa

Having a quick look at your account I don't see a device linked.

Could you try the troubleshooting steps advised on this FAQ:https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10378

Regards
    Vikram
    Ok, friends, I found the type of device it is " R-link, TomTom live".... did I make mistake buying this way?
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,011
    Superusers
    You need the R-Link software, not TomTom HOME. Most likely you will need to ask for a refund and do it via Renault's tool.