Download of TomTom HOME 2

ALBOY1945
ALBOY1945 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have downloaded TomTom Home to update my TomTom XL in-car navigation. However, it will not load on my computer as it appears there is no TomTomHOME.exe file. I have TomTom HOME 2 in my Program Files and TomTom HOME in afolder within TomTom HOME 2 but it appears to be looking for a path C:/Program Files/TomTom HOME/TomHome.exe. Is there a fault in the download or am I doing something incorrect.

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,385
     Superuser
    Try this:
    1. Download the FREEWARE version of Revo Uninstaller. Get it here: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    2. Completely remove Home 2 from the computer.
    3. Get a fresh copy from tomtom.com/getstarted and try to install.
    Any better?
  • ALBOY1945
    ALBOY1945 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I am afraid it is still the same and the download looked exactlylike the download I performed yesterday. When I click onto the TomTom HOME 2 icon on my desktop I get the following message. The header on the message is "C:/Program Files/TomTom HOME 2/TomTomHOME.exe". The message is "This file does not have an program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations Control Panel". There is no TomTomHOME.exe contained in C:/Program Files/TomTom HOME 2/.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,385
     Superuser
    Call support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Don't respond with a model when asked in order for a live agent to come on the line.