Adding European maps to USA device

I have a Tomtom car gps with USA and Canada maps with perpetual update. I'm going to France and UK in a few weeks. Can I buy European maps for my gps and add them? Do they replace my North America maps? How do I convert back to NA when I return?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,189 Superusers
    What model device do you have?
  • bobbellevuebobbellevue Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Via
    There are many Via models. Identify below:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/c/2355
    TomTom VIA 1510 / 1515 (M / TM / M SE) with 8GB
    Then you can add a mcosdhc card to your device. I'd suggest a 16 gb SanDisk brand. Then allow the device to format it when prompted.

Next, you can purchase the European map and MyDriveConnect will put the map on the sd card if it finds insufficient space on internal (which it should).

All you have to do (on the device) is go to maps-->switch maps when necessary.
    No card slot, unfortunately.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,552 Superuser
    @bobbellevue

"BQ">VIA 1510 / 1515, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect

Check this for location of slot e4217f8b-2468-4b3d-b19d-27cfcc5cd9bf.jpg

When you have got one see my guide https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Nope, under usb/power input it says model 4EN52, no other slot, door, or other possible opening
    @bobbellevue

That device definitely has a slot, see page 9 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/TomTom-US-non-LIVE-RG-en-us.pdf
    ...navigation devices have a microSD card slot that is located on the side or on the bottom of the device

as per the first two positions in the image above ;)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Aha! It is under the USB cord, vertically on the side of the channel. Near invisible without a strong light. Thanks! Inserted a card and formatted correctly
    @bobbellevue

Glad that helped to get the whole of Europe on your device