reatarting my tom tom start 25.How do I do this — TomTom Community

reatarting my tom tom start 25.How do I do this

MY TOM TOM START 25 SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING FOR NO APPARENT REASON. HOW DO I RESART IT. MY KNOWLEDGE OF TECHNOLOGY I COULD WRITE ON A FULL STOP!!!! I JUST NEED HELP!!

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Grandma 1

Here is a link to the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/refman/TomTom-EU-non-LIVE-RG-en-gb.pdf

Are you using a USB port in your vehicle?
    As the USB ports in your vehicle provides only 0.5Amps whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a vehicle USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, it then stops.
    Try plugging the original cable into the original cigarette lighter charger, does it then keep stopping?

Also try to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)