Watch is "new to me" - gift from a friend — TomTom Community

Watch is "new to me" - gift from a friend

janisaspartanjanisaspartan Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
My friend upgraded to another product and gave me her previously enjoyed Spark Music tracker. How do I change the tracker so it belongs to me now? Whenever I try to upload activity, it tells me that I have none - because the item is still registered to my friend. Any suggestions?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    You need to factory reset the watch. During the reset it will prompt you to login or register, select register and use your email address. It will set up a new account in your name and register the watch to it. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.