Blank Screen — TomTom Community

Blank Screen

Lee KLee K Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi,
My Spark 3 cardio was working fine yesterday, I woke up this morning and the screen was blank and none of the buttons do anything.
I put it on charge for a short time, the battery charging symbol didn’t appear and the watch became very hot.
I’m thinking the battery may be faulty, had the watch since November 2016.
Any thoughts ?
Lee

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,181
    Superusers
    How are you charging it, on the compute or a wall outlet? What amperage is the wall outlet? If it is a supercharger for a phone you may be overcharging it. The watch is supposed to have a chip limiting how much charge it takes but it may not be functioning properly or it is being overpowered. Try charging it on the computer and while you are there try a factory reset. If the factory reset does not work, try a recovery reset. Lastly if all else fails call support, although you are out of warranty so there is probably not much they will be able to do.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To do a recovery mode reset, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.

* If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.