TomTom Spark watch no longer recognised

RCarmen
RCarmen Registered Users Posts: 6
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Since yesterday, my tomtom spark watch is no longer recognised when I connect in with the charging cable.
I can plug it in (I tried several laptops) and it will charge but Tomtom mysports connect is not started automatically. When I open the software myself, it asks to connect the watch.

I already tried; Any other suggestions to fix the problem?
Can I continue using the watch with only bluetooth sync from not on?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Make sure it is fully snapped into the charging cradle and the cradle is not damaged. If it does not have a full connection it will charge but it will not be recognized by the computer. Check that none of the pins on the dock are bent or pressed in, as that will prevent a connection. if they are , pry them out with a pin and call Support for a replacement. It seems simple but this is generally the issue.

To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • CarlEReid
    CarlEReid Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have had my Spark 3 watch almost 2 years. Each time I have had the problem of watch not charging or not being recognized by my computer I perform the procedure below with consistent, positive results.

Problem Source
    The brass charging contacts on back of watch oxidize, which creates a thin film that prevents clean contact with the charging cable pins. Definition of oxidize http://www.dictionary.com/browse/oxidize

Problem Resolution
    1. Easy resolution is to take a pencil eraser and rub vigorously across the watch charging contacts.
    2. Blow off the eraser filings from watch contacts. When you see contacts dark color change to expose the gold color of contacts, connect charging cable to your watch and plug other end into power outlet.
    3. The oxidation process may require performing this contact cleaning with an eraser about every 3 to 4 months.