XXL IQ Route Edition home screen — TomTom Community

XXL IQ Route Edition home screen

kgb6kgb6 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I just got a "new" older TomTom XXL IQ Route edition. I've updated the unit on line, although no map updates are available, there was a software update. In looking at the on-line manual for the XXL units, it shows that you tap the screen and get to a home menu that allows multiple options, including setting preferences.

On my unit, when I tap the home screen, I just get two big icons "Plan Route" and "Browse map" with a row along the bottom that has Sound, night, help, options and Done.

This doesn't look anything like the on-line manual.

Am I missing something, or is there another software update, or is this some variation on the XXL model that doesn't' have an on-line manual?

Thanks.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 11,064
    Superuser
    @kgb6

What is the first two characters of the serial number of your device? As the XXL IQ routes was not actually sold as such in the US!

In Europe
    "GL">XXL IQ Routes / XXL Classic, 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 Eol
    "GX">XXL IQ Routes / XXL Classic, 4GB, TomTom HOME NAV2
    "RW">XXL IQ Routes / XXL Classic, 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 Eol
    "RX">XXL IQ Routes / XXL Classic, 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 Eol
    "RY">XXL IQ Routes / XXL Classic, 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 Eol
    "RZ">XXL IQ Routes / XXL Classic, 4GB, TomTom HOME NAV2

In USA
    "GL">XXL 550, 2GB, TomTom HOME Eol
    "RX">XXL 540 S, 2GB, TomTom HOME Eol
    "RY">XXL 530 S, 2GB, TomTom HOME Eol
    "RZ">XXL 540, 4GB, TomTom HOME
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,367
    Superusers
    I suspect you have a 550 model which is a dumbed down version of what was there in a 540 model. Many fewer options available.
  • kgb6kgb6 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    First two letters are GL.

For example, the on-line manual says there is a way to set a battery conservation mode, where the unit shuts off after it loses power. That is to say, when you shut your car off and the cigarette lighter power goes off, so does the TomTom. No such setting is available in my unit.

Under OPTIONS, there are very few settings, and much less than what is shown in the on-line manual. The on-line manual shows going to the main menu, then PREFERENCES, where it shows lots of setting options. My main page has PLAN ROUTE and BROWSE MAPS, and then a few options at the bottom, one being OPTIONS. However, it allows very few preferences to be set, much fewer than my old old garmin.
  • kgb6kgb6 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Niall wrote:

The manual says it's for the XL model rather than the XXL HOWEVER, it does match what my screens look like, so it seems to be the right manual.

Clearly, the XXL I bought isn't a real XXL model, but as someone pointed out, a dumbed-down version.