edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Fake results
I use TOMTOM SPARK 3
Especially with swimming
The clock is aimed at a 25-meter pool
At the end of each swim the clock fakes upward
Between 2 and 4 pools\laps
I have already done RESET to factory settings and it continues
It has a solution or you have to go on living with it?"??

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    In a nutshell, you need to go on living with it. TomTom is out of the watch business and we can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves). Swimming was the least used feature on the watch and has never been changed so it certainly will not be now that they are no longer making the watches.

Miscounting laps is common with most swim watches to some extent. It is using an accelerometer to try and figure out when you are reaching for the wall to turn, but you need a very strong turn to trigger it. If you stop mid lap or have an unusual turn style it can easily overcount laps as well. It is meant to give a rough estimate, it will never give you a perfect count, the technology just isn't there yet. If you search for swim accuracy or swimming laps and similar phrases on the forums you will see plenty of posts on it with a lot of suggestions to improve it (more than I can repeat here).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • pugwash94
    pugwash94 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    I found the same when I started using the watch but realised the problem only happened when I did a long set and glided in to the wall gently at the end. The other time it does it is at the end of a pool session when I warm down with 50 mtr swims aiming to do as few strokes as possible - concentrating on technique.
    The answer is to make sure you swim fast into the wall every time.
    Incidentally - feeling pretty pleased with myself - my last 25 mtr was done in 16 strokes this lunch time.
  • HAIZD
    HAIZD Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    First thanks for your attention
    The problem I usually feel is a short vibration before I arrive
    To the end of the 25 meters
    what is said to jump before the end and touch the wall
    It's just annoying