Can Anyone Help? Europe West Update V.9.510.....But No Spain?

BillytightpocketsBillytightpockets Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 23 in Map purchasing
I purchase a new map update for£50 for Europe West as I was travelling to Spain. The upload went through after me contacting TT and they advised me to delete some older maps to make space in order to receive the new update.
To my HORROR on the quayside in Portsmouth, Spain/Portugal was not on the update???
And TT no longer supports my device
Can anyone give advice on what to do?
Can I do a factory reset? and get the old map version back or do I need to buy a new device?
Which I am loathed to do because I trusted TT for the new map thinking Spain/Portugal would be there?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,548 Superuser
    @Billytightpockets

Which zone did you download see https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21070
    [h3]WESTERN EUROPE[/h3]Note: for this map, the countries included in each map zone vary depending on your device. Both of the available options are listed below. If you have a map of Western Europe on your account, you can find out which map zone coverage applies to your device by connecting it to TomTom HOME. If you have enough space to install the full map, this covers the same countries on all devices.
    Western zone
    Option 1
    Full door to door navigation in the following countries and regions is included:
    Andorra, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the Canary Islands and Vatican City.
    Option 2
    Full door to door navigation in the following countries and regions is included:
    Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands and United Kingdom.
    Northern zone
    Option 1
    Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
    Option 2
    Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden.
    Southern zone
    Option 1
    Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Canary Islands and Vatican City.
    Option 2
    Andorra, Austria, Gibraltar, Italy, Liechtenstein, Malta, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland and Vatican City State.
    The following countries are covered by a connector road network, allowing you seamless navigation throughout: France and Monaco.
    Southwestern zone
    Andorra, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.

Suspect you have Northern Zone - Option 1! When you actually need Western Zone - Option 1 ;)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • BillytightpocketsBillytightpockets Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Niall
    You are an absolute star!!. You are right although when I purchased the map it was not very clear on which zone I was downloading, I thought western Europe covered all of Europe.
    Is there any chance I can download the correct zone without paying £50 again?
    Invoice Number 9510661278 / Order Number 406049995
    Perhaps TT would make a goodwill gesture to help me out of Spain and back to UK?
    You can imaging my anxiety levels are very high?
    I have had to order a new data cable as I left mine in the UK, as I thought my TT was up to date.
    Is it possible to reinstall a new zone from my last download although it says on the invoice
    90days , does this mean it is now expired?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,548 Superuser
    @Billytightpockets

You should be able swap zones without further payment as you bought the whole of western Europe
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    That's great. Hopefully when my data cable arrives I will try it with my TT conected.
    I hope the map is still on my PC. I will not mark it as solution as I may need your assistance again in case the map is not on my PC and I cannot find it.
    Thanks again I will sleep a little better knowing you are there to help.
    319fadf3-44d1-456f-9e44-2b39fc401375.jpgff9e9773-126b-4122-9fca-ec495bb774a9.jpg
    Hi Niall my data cable arrived today. I did choose the correct map zone but however as you can see Spain/Portugal are missing?........why is this?
    You will see that no other options are available to include all of western Europe and the UK.
    It appears that in order to cover Spain, I will have to change zones "when back in the UK".
    I would ask you as a Exalted Vanguard if you would contact TomTom to give me an explanation. And maybe a suitable solution to my dilemma.
    I.E a suitable map update to include UK & Spain & Portugal FOC?
    I look forward to your response
    Warm Regards