Refunds- Contact customer service — TomTom Community

Refunds- Contact customer service

johowjohow Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
How on earth do you obtain a refund from TomTom, they have no customer service telephone numbers to call or chatlines, and you cannot reply to emails they send you. I have searched their website for information on how to do this, and the only thing that you can get is a section showing how to get a refund for a product that has been purchased, but not how to get one for the purchase of a map update that has not worked?? Any suggestions please? I have tried 02079 490 134 but that is only for purchasing a product and I got no response anyway.
This is the worst company I have ever used, it appears to deliberately stop you complaining. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,457
    Superusers
    Hi
    @johow

Phone Tomtom Support
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Email....
    Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Or click Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB

Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

ATB YFM
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,903
    Superuser
    @johow

Which device do you have? Which map where you trying to install?
    Retry Customer Services but remain silent about which device you have till you are actually talking to an agent, they can then arrange a refund

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • johowjohow Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you all for your help and for this information, but I have tried it all, and still get no result.
    This company needs to get its act in order, customers should be able to speak to them without all this hassle. It appears to be a ploy on their behalf to ensure you that you cannot get in touch with them with any problems you have.
    The process is so long winded, and it really should not be. Also, for pensioners such as myself, their website is just mind blowing, so many FAQ lists to go through, but no real help at the end!
    They should at least have a chatline on their website, like most other companies have.
    I am disgusted with them, and will most certainly not be recommending them to anyone, in fact I shall be refereeing them to our UK Trading Standards.
    The one thing people can do is, act quickly and go to your bank and ask them to stop any payment to them.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,917 Moderator
    Hi Johow

Sorry about the trouble caused.

I have forwarded your details to the customer service. So someone will be getting in touch with you.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • johowjohow Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you again for your help, but no one has contacted me from customers services. They just don't seem to care, and they have happily taken my money, but I cannot get hold of them to discuss my problem. What a shower of rubbish this company is, I am so annoyed!!!
    Hi johow

There is some technical issue with the incident you have created which is the reason it was not picked up by the Finance team.

By now you should have received a reply from the customer service and they will be dealing with this on a priority.

Regards
    Vikram
    @johow

The refund has been initiated from our side.

You will receive a confirmation email from the customer service as well.

Thanks
    Vikram :)