Strap: Issues galore — TomTom Community

Strap: Issues galore

IshiIshi Posts: 32 [Outstanding Explorer]
It is now my 3rd strap that is broke. Flimsy items. I know many persons have complained about this.

From what I hear, from someone who spoke to the customer service team, the strap quality is an issue with the Adventurer model as well :-(

And yes, i know they are covered in warranty for a year (even the replacement ones): but that's just a small saving grace!

:@ :@ :

Comments

• EVA_27EVA_27 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Frankly, I don't know what you do with your watch to break the strap 3 times in 1 year. My first one lasted 18 months, which is the same as virtually every other watch strap on any other watch I've had.
  • RCarmenRCarmen Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I also got tired of buying expensive bracelets that never last even a year... so I made my own for just 2 euros... Hurray for paracord bracelets!5219d916-7f6e-40b2-9b78-4d60ba5a7667.jpg6c351b41-b69c-4d24-9de1-fb20701bc7dc.jpg
  • IshiIshi Posts: 32 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Interesting!

Thanks for the info and the pics. Would it be too much to request for a youtube video for persons like me who have butter fingers and are a bit daft when it comes to the creative side of doing stuff like this?

Many thanks
  • RCarmenRCarmen Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    essentially, I used these instructions:

And I freestyled around the watch itself. It stays on really well and I'm not at all afraid that it'll loosen up; paracord is pretty strong!
  • ArturGArturG Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch strap has been broken 4 times. I said enough. TomTom sells trash! They told me: you can buy next one strap with discount. They kidding me.