Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 74 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• LauraNLauraN Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi,

I just got home from the store with my TomTom Spark Cardio, and I'm experiencing huge problems with the battery. After having it charged to 100% (according to the app), I can plug it out from the charger and it goes to 78% immediately and after 5-10 mins shuts down due to loss of battery.

I've tried to factory reset, but it doesn't work. It's my fist TomTom product and I have to say that I'm disappointed...

I've read that I should ask for a "roll back of my firmware version to 1.3.255, it should fix it." - So, can I please have that, so I hopefully soon can have my first training session with my watch....
  • LauraNLauraN Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    LauraN wrote:
    Hi,

I just got home from the store with my TomTom Spark Cardio, and I'm experiencing huge problems with the battery. After having it charged to 100% (according to the app), I can plug it out from the charger and it goes to 78% immediately and after 5-10 mins shuts down due to loss of battery.

I've tried to factory reset, but it doesn't work. It's my fist TomTom product and I have to say that I'm disappointed...

I've read that I should ask for a "roll back of my firmware version to 1.3.255, it should fix it." - So, can I please have that, so I hopefully soon can have my first training session with my watch....
    I've now tried to factory reset again, and now I can't even connect the device to my phone...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,769 Superusers
    LauraN wrote:
    Hi,

I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (they never released the Adventurer in the US and have recalled all US inventory to sell it off in Europe), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over nine months. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand from a company that is actively in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.
  • moff13moff13 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    LauraN wrote:
    LauraN wrote:
    Hi,

I've now tried to factory reset again, and now I can't even connect the device to my phone...
    You will need to go into your phones bluethooth settings and forget the original paired TT device first and then scan and pair the device again as it was out of the box.

I have to to do this after every factory reset. Hope this helps
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,102 TomTom Moderator
    @LauraN @Dh7450 @thomasbaerten I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@nostromo Please check your personal message.

@Walshielad You already have the version 1.3.255 installed on your watch.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• tere67tere67 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard I have the battery issue too. Can you please reset me to version 1.3.255 ? Thanks a lot!
  • Derek SchottDerek Schott Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    VikramK wrote:
    @abrilnovoa @Andreia_C

Could you try the troubleshooting steps for the pairing issue on this FAQ's:

iOS and Android@PepperDust , @moff13 could you fist try a factory reset on the watch which in many cases solves the battery drain issue.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    This obviously is a tremendously huge problem with the Spark 3 1.7.64 upgrade. Is there someone addressing this at TomTom or not? I went from 4-5 days per charge to 5-10 minutes per charge overnight with this horrible update. From the sounds of it, no one is pushing out a fix and people are being told to resort to resetting and rolling back.

It is really sad when you have a good product and some software engineer completely screws it up. If this can't be fixed within the week I am done with anything TomTom makes.
    It will not be fixed in a week, considering that the last one took six months and they have since left the industry and laid off the entire sports staff. It takes several weeks of beta testing for any updates anyway. Since TT has left the industry and is no longer selling devices (they are just blowing through existing inventory) there is really nothing for you to buy anyway. Time to move on to Garmin or another brand.
    Well that may be why they went out of business. Take a perfectly good hardware product, and have a bunch of software engineers try to justify their existence, and ruin something that wasn't broken to begin with. Just shaking my head....
  • Derek SchottDerek Schott Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @LauraN @Dh7450 @thomasbaerten I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard
    I have the same issue and would like to reset back to version 1.3.255 or whatever version fixes this ridiculous software glitch...
  • WalshieladWalshielad Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    lampard wrote:

Cheers, lampard
    I have the same issue and would like to reset back to version 1.3.255 or whatever version fixes this ridiculous software glitch...

Hi Lampard, the roll back to 1.3.255 hasn't resolved the battery issue. I'm hoping to send this to you for repair. I'm hoping this will be a free repair even though I bought the watch Jan 16?
  • DwijayaDwijaya Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]

Hi Lampard, the roll back to 1.3.255 hasn't resolved the battery issue. I'm hoping to send this to you for repair. I'm hoping this will be a free repair even though I bought the watch Jan 16?

For south east asia, where is the nearest location to send it?
  • fangfufufangfufu Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard , I tried everything, it still doesn't work. Could you just roll back the firmware for me please?
    Walshielad wrote:
    lampard wrote:

Cheers, lampard

it seems work for me, still exploring the other bluetooth head set but for the same time period the battery is better in 1.3.255
    @tere67 @Derek Schott @lynzi I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Walshielad Please get in touch with our customer supports and they'll be able to help you further in this case.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

Dwijaya wrote:
    Walshielad wrote:
    lampard wrote:

Cheers, lampard
    it seems work for me, still exploring the other bluetooth head set but for the same time period the battery is better in 1.3.255

Just having 38' running with GPS, heart rate and jaybird X3 paired with it. It looks approximate half the battery drain... Perhaps not normal but it way better from the 1.7.60. Imho
  • rteekens74rteekens74 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    my spark3 drains as fast as i see here. can you give me access to an older version with beter battery life?
    Thank you
  • Ole mjOle mj Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem with My adventurer.... After update the connection with the Phone got unstable... Now it wont connect at all.
    I would like to roll back the update.... To 1.7.60
  • BossworldBossworld Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I’m on 1.3.255 after an issue last year where I couldn’t pair with my phone. Support rolled me back.

I see there are more updates since then with a lot of new features/enhancements. Are they really that unstable that it necessitates staying on 1.3.255?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,769 Superusers
    Bossworld wrote:
    I’m on 1.3.255 after an issue last year where I couldn’t pair with my phone. Support rolled me back.

I see there are more updates since then with a lot of new features/enhancements. Are they really that unstable that it necessitates staying on 1.3.255?
    Unless you want to lose connectivity to your phone or have your battery fully drain in a few hours you are better off on 1.3.255. The features they added with the later updates (fitness age, fitness points, etc.) are fairly worthless and not worth the trouble you may get if you update. But you can always try the update and if it messes up your watch just request a rollback to 1.3.255.
  • BossworldBossworld Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Bossworld wrote:

Unless you want to lose connectivity to your phone or have your battery fully drain in a few hours you are better off on 1.3.255. The features they added with the later updates (fitness age, fitness points, etc.) are fairly worthless and not worth the trouble you may get if you update. But you can always try the update and if it messes up your watch just request a rollback to 1.3.255.
    Thanks - that's a shame. I'll stick with 1.3.255 then.
  • May HooMay Hoo Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi there my spark watch has updated to version 1.7.64 and the battery life is awful can not even do a 10km run as battery just dies, can someone advise how to do a roll back please?

It used to last for a week in watch mode but now can hardly last for a day.

I have done a factory reset but still poor battery life. Very disappointed.
  • Spwhalen71Spwhalen71 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please add me to the growing list of requests to scale back to an earlier, functional firmware for my Spark 2 HR. Battery life has gone to almost nothing, and a factory reset did nothing to solve the problem. I'm having the same problem as others: with the HR monitor on, the watch acts as if the battery is dead. A quick connect to charge shows the battery near full, but within minutes it acts like it's dead again. Loved this watch until the update broke it.
    @rteekens74 @May Hoo @Haan00 @Spwhalen71 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download. This will get rid of the battery issue on your watch.

@Ole mj If you're facing issues with pairing the watch with their smartphone, Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

Cheers, lampard

• StivBarniStivBarni Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please add me to the growing list of requests to scale back to an earlier, functional firmware for my Spark 2 HR.
  • vic4rivic4ri Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Dear Lampard,

My Runner 2 is on version 1.3.255, but cannot use the pc connect app as it prompts me to update with no option to skip. I would like to stay on 1.3.255 and use the pc app, could you link my watch to 1.3.255.

Thanks.
  • May HooMay Hoo Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Lampard,

I have rolled back to 1.3.255.

As for the battery life, I have charged to full but it shows only half when I unplug it. I have done a run and the battery just dies off after 2km which was only 15min. I will make another attempt tomorrow.

But after rollback, it was unable to sync. Therefore I have unpaired it. After that it was unable to pair again. I have done another factory reset, uninstalled the app and reinstalled also didn't work, gave up...

Getting more trouble now. Even more disappointed .....