RIDER 410 Sat nav does it's own thing when choosing routes — TomTom Community

RIDER 410 Sat nav does it's own thing when choosing routes

ib12ib12 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 29 in RIDER
After creating a route in route planner or Tyre and installing on Rider 410. Why does the sat nav sometimes send me on a pointless wild goose chase off route. Today it sent me on a circular route down a lane and back to a point where I left it. I can understand if I went off track it would re-route me back but it randomly sends me down roads not set on the planner. The other thing is it doesn't always re-route me back to original route if I go astray. I thought the idea of planning a route would be for the sat nav to follow but this isn't always the case.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,058 Superusers
    Hi
    Tyre Uses Google Maps... There can be discrepancies between Google and Tomtom maps
    Also, check your route at a high zoom level, see if you have put a waypoint too near a road junction or a traffic Island, even on the wrong side of a dual carriageway, all these can cause strange anomalies when calculating a route

ATB YFM
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 726 Superuser
    A route is dynamic and calculates the route from your position to the next waypoint according to your preferences (avoidances, route types, etc). If you decline from your route it may recalculate it to the next waypoint.

If it's important to restrict it and stay on specific route, you've to add more intermediate waypoints at some key locations to guide the device.

Or you may use a track. There are no waypoints, no calculations, no preferences... It will blindly follow the designed route (or a track log).

Take your time to understand the differences between routes and tracks, and familiarize yourself with the device functions. There is a lot of info here about what to choose, how to design properly a route, etc.

Hope that helps a little...
  • ib12ib12 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know there were tracks and routes options, will certainly have to do some reading.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi ib12,

Welcome to the Community!

You can find some more information about routes and tracks here [user manual].

Please, post back here if you have any more questions :D When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark it as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

Cheers, Mikko
  • ib12ib12 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm still having problems with downloaded routes on the Rider. I design the route in Tyre, transfer it to My Drive then sync to Rider. Only the route doesn't always match the map on Tyre or My Drive. See photo's. I captured a section of the map on My Drive and the same section on the Rider. It shows an branch off the main route for some reason. I planned a similar route almost exactly the same but in the section shown the Rider route took me through the town and not the planned rout at all.
  • FienFien Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem here. Hope someone has an answer on this.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,058 Superusers
    Hi
    Tyre Uses Google Maps... There can be discrepancies between Google and Tomtom maps
    Before you sync the route to the device using the MyDrive Web Route planner, check your route at a high zoom level, see if you have put a waypoint too near a road junction or a traffic Island, even on the wrong side of a dual carriageway, all these can cause strange anomalies when calculating a route

ATB YFM